No Tags Found!

damesh-billava
I work in an IT company and currently serving 2 months Notice Period. I'm okay with the notice period. However, my company has cancelled my OFF from weekly 2 days to 1 day and Night shift allowance has also been canceled. Is this legal? and how can I move further regarding this?
From India, New Delhi
KK!HR

Before considering the legality, pl check the appointment order on the number of weekly offs and night shift allowance. If this is provided for then perhaps you do not have much of a strong case.
During the notice period the employment terms cannot be altered to your prejudice, that is the principle. You can make complaint to the Labour Officer of making illegal change in case you come within the 'Workman' category as per ID Act 1947. However, notice period being a small interlude do you really want to pick up a fight and complicate your full and final settlement. Weigh the pros and cons carefully before taking the step.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Mostly, during notice period the employer is not bothered about you, so they have made changes.
Law requires you to have 1 weekly off per week, so if they removed the extra day, you can't do anything about it (except if it is stated in your appointment letter that you will get 2 weekly off)

In any case, you are leaving, just ignore all those things and get a clean exit so your future BVG will not be hindered.

From India, Mumbai
Suresh Rathi

The legal aspects have been dealt with by members.
They have rightly suggested that ignore these pin pricks and leave on, as pleasant a note as possible.
These actions will harm the Co in long run .
Well managed Co's do not indulge in these dirty tricks

Col.Suresh Rathi

From India, Delhi
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,
Change from one employer to another employer is a process where we need to focus on very smooth exit and very smooth on boarding in the next company. If you read mails form many of colleagues, they all struggle to get relieved even they complete notice period etc and many delays in F&F, not getting experience letter and so on.

Hence as suggested by our Colleagues, to the possible extent go smooth and never mind the weekly off or few allowances (which is not supposed to be done by the employer as the talent will carry such bitter experience in his mind and employer losses his image and brand value. Such employee will never refer any good talent to the employer and this is where employers to be magnanimous and see off the leaving talent with all good mood and pleasant experience and any time the talent may come back to same employer etc)

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.