sugang

Could any one tel me if an employee is taking long leave should the weekly offs be included in it or otherwise. For eg. if a person is taking 15 days leave and there are 2 weekly offs in between means should i take that also as leave or should i consider it as weekly off only. plz guide
From India, Madras
Anuj Trivedi

Hello,

Generally, Earned Leave/Sick Leave can be either Prefixed or Suffixed to any Holiday or Weekly off and only the number of actual leave availed shall be counted for availing purpose.

But no leave can be both prefixed or suffixed to a Holiday/ Weekly Off. And in case any leave is prefixed or suffixed both to a Holiday/Weekly Off , the number of Leaves availed shall be counted from 1st Absence(leave) to the Last Absence, including the Holiday(s)/Week Off(s) for availing purpose.

In your case, if both weekly off(s) are falling in between the Leave period of 15 days then it should be counted. For Example if an employee takes Leave from 7 July 2007 to 16 July 2007 and Weekly Off is Sunday then Leave Days ( 10 days) will include both 8th & 15th July.

Leave rules differ from Company to Company.

As per explanation given for Subsection 1 of Section 79 of Factories Act, 1948:

The Leave admissible under this subsection shall be exclusive of all Holidays whether occurring during or at either end of the period of leave.

Thanks & Regards,

Anuj

From India, Lucknow
Alphonse

Dear sugang.
There are 3 kinds of leave ie CL,SL and Earned leave or P L. In your case leave availed for 10 days. But you did not mentioned what kind of leave has been taken.
If weekly off falls in between the CL and SL then it will be counted as CL or SL only. But in Earned Leave the weekly off will not be counted. if the weekly off falls on 8th and 15th from 7th to 16th we have to give offs on that days only.leave should not be reduced.
Any how Leave rules differ from Company to Company.
Thanks & Regards,
moses_alps :lol: :lol: :lol:

From India, Madras
zahra_akhtari
it should considered as leave days as you will not come back to the work or the country that you are working for day off and again continue your leave but you have another choice ,you can divide your leave for eg if sunday is off day you can travel from sunday and apply the leave effective by monday to next friday but resume to work by next monday so by this way it will deduct just 5working days nothing more but if you take for 2 weeks it will consider the days off i mean included the days off
From Kuwait
kumarji 2010

please help me in a conflict that if an employee is on continue earn leave and the weekly off or
holiday comes between this earn leave period , will the weekly off or holidays be counted for calculating
the salary/wages?

From India, Faridabad
emanjunatha@in.com
Regarding query about Weekly Off:
Ex: the employee taken Leave 2 days in a week like Mon & Tue.
wed to saturday he has worked.
The question is that whether he is applicable for weekly off or not applicable

From India, Chennai
vasukumars

sir please tell me ,if 4 days absent in a week (Mon to Satar), He is eligible to pay next weekly off. please discuss PAY or WAIVER
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.