No Tags Found!

h-r1
Hello my dear friends !

Can you help me with a query ?
After joining an organisation, a friend of mine expired while still in service. When he passed away, he had worked for around 2 years in the company. My question to you is- will he be entitled to gratuity benefits, as he died on the job ? Also, if the gratuity account is held by any insurance company, then will he be entitled to any extra special benefits ?
Do let me know, as the family is in financial need and all avenues of receiving funds are being explored.

Thanking you in advance,

Barnali Sengupta

From India, Kolkata
KK!HR

Yes, with two years service also, the bereaved family will get gratuity (Roughly a little more than a month's salary) . If the service is more than 6 months then the gratuity entitlement goes by an year, pl check that. The possibility of any extra amount from insurance would depend on the policy taken for the purpose. The HR would be in a position to clarify it.
From India, Mumbai
MK_Neo

Sorry to hear about your friend.

About this five years requirement, this does not apply in case of death. Hence, his family will get a gratuity amount. It does not affect if an insurance company is managing the fund or not.

Law specified minimum gratuity amount. However, the employer may pay more than that.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.