No Tags Found!

Neha Antsglobe

Due to the Covid-19, like other sectors, my company has started the work from the home part for all our employees. My concern here is, being an HR I have to keep and track the record of an employees' performance. Sometimes, I see people used to mark their attendance from our online portal and then also they were unable to complete even the basic tasks on that day itself. How can I prevent all my colleagues to under-perform? They think that even if they don't complete their tasks, nothing will harm them as of the reason Covid-19. Are there any other measures which I can take to properly keep records and monitor the performances from home itself? It's becoming difficult for me to manage.
From India, Nagpur
nathrao

Responsibility for days task is of employee and his concerned departmental head or team manager.
why is the responsibility being placed on you.
For work at home team managers need to spell out clearly what is expected from each employee and time limits etc.
Team managers need to have timely checks and rechecks to see output is of required standard and quantity/quality
Employer/employee need to develop trust and communication to ensure that work at home succeeds.
HR can play an enabling role in such crisis situations.
Regular HR contingency plans should already specify key functions, roles, skills and activities required to keep the organization operating — and which can be done remotely. In a sudden crisis, though, those boundaries may stretch and require you to offer different types of support and nontraditional work options.
HR needs to communicate,coordinate and be available for all employees working at home and be in touch with team managers who really know the output required/task to be completed by each employee.
Many companies are now suddenly thrown into work at home method.Shortfalls will be there and HR can at best play a role in bringing up these issues to higher ups and try to resolve them to best extent possible.

From India, Pune
bijay_majumdar

Proper Co- ordination, Communication,and team work is the key towards getting the desired output.
Know the employees, their capacity,their dedication, and responsibility towards the assigned task.
Clarity in communication,Proper feedback and adhering to timelines is the key to get the task performed well.Important is to gauage the freedom that is required by an employee to finish the task along with resources being provided at ground zero level.
Neverthless there is human factor that needs to be accounted for getting the work from home and entrust the organisational commitment of employee.

From India, Vadodara
Neha Antsglobe

Still, I need to keep their performance report card. How should I manage with Team Leaders because some TL’s are quite senior to me.
From India, Nagpur
nathrao

Senior people should be dealt with respectfully but professionally.
If you need a document from them for official work unhesitatingly but politely ask them,mail them the requirement.
TL who are senior will equally understand the need for documentation of work done and in all probability be happy enough to provide documentation,output recrds etc.

From India, Pune
bijay_majumdar

If you are set with KRAs and KPIs
Pls get the Performance matrix versus time line and schedules across each departmental hierarchy and prepare a daily report card and maintain a dashboaed for knowing the status of assigned work on line and be connected to all concerned to get feedback and resolve querries asap if any.

From India, Vadodara
EndtoEnd HR

To make sure that employees are working from home properly, you can monitor your employees on by assigning them tasks on timely basis and ask them to update the status of the task given on a regular basis which actually ensures that your employees are working from properly and productively. This is the effective workforce management method used by the managers to monitor the performances of the employees. A sound performance management system is required for improved workforce and productivity during crisis times.
From India, Chennai
musaf-razeen
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, most of the employees forced to work from home. Working from home has not been productive for employees as there are many things that they get distracted while working remotely. Most of the companies struggle to figure out if the employees are productive while working from home. I started to work from home during the first week of April 2020, the company I work for provided the employees with different software to keep track of our working progress. Since the software was tracking my work, I had to make sure that I complete my day to day work tasks successfully. It also motivated me to be more productive while working from home, knowing that my employer is tracking my working progress.

Some of the leading software that was offered by the company was:

ZOOM this a communication software that is eligible to have face to face video conferencing mostly for official purposes. Zoom helped me in keeping in touch with my employer as I managed to clear my doubts related to work. The software can connect 300 people at the same time. We also used the software to conduct official meetings with the employees and the higher-level managers.

HRAPP Activity Tracker is a software that was developed in India, user-friendly software that was built to track employees' whole process related to work. The employee has to enter the start and the end time of the working shift. Once the employee has started his work, the employer can take random screenshots of the employee screen. Since I know that the employer has access to my screen any time during the work hour, I always make sure that I keep working on behalf of completing the organization's goals.

From Australia, Dandenong
prasanna-walimbe
Unipruf has empaneled experts in the area of Technology (Infra & Apps), HR & Finance to help corporates during the time of crisis. Just click here to register - https://www.unipruf.com/wfhc.html
From India, Rajkot
prasanna-walimbe
Unipruf has empaneled experts in the area of Technology (Infra & Apps), HR & Finance to help corporates during the time of crisis. Just click here to register - https://www.unipruf.com/wfhc.html
From India, Rajkot
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.