sumit-dullo
Can a company waives off the notice period even though the employee has not asked for the same? I’m on notice period and company wants to relieve me within 12 days and my notice period is 60 days , also not requested them to waive off my notice period. Plz suggest
From Australia
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

Yes the company can waive off the Notice Period if the company desires so, the Appointment letter states to give ample/prescribed time limit(notice period) to replace the vacant post and smooth handover of the task/project handled by the employee resigned, which is an operational need. If the company finds an alternate within the company or is at ease or maybe discontinuing the project etc., in such scenario the company can relieve the employee anytime after the resignation letter acceptance.
Lastly a employee who put down his/her paper is disloyal to the company from that point of time. The company may pay for the notice period if they desire so, but it is not mandatory.

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.