No Tags Found!

Jyothi8466
Hi Everyone,
Is employee birthday should be celebrate according to their certificate records or their actual dates ?
so far we are following as per records however employees are not happy as its not their actual birthday.
can anyone suggest me, how can i proceed.

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,
No hard and fast rule on this. If employees are comfortable with actual date then please plan for birthday celebration @ actual date. However in that case you need to maintain two DOB column in the Employee Masters. One is as per certificate, one is actual. At the time of joining you can collect these details and get it signed by the employee else they may complaint their actual DOB is different.

From India, Madras
Jyothi8466
Hey thanks lakshminarayan for providing these inputs, Is thre any particular corporate rule on this employee birthday should b celebrate as per their certificates ? -Jyothi Konda
From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Birthday celebrations come under welfare and company specific and not a statutory rule.
From India, Madras
Jyothi8466
Thank you Lakshminarayan for your inputs, i have a plan to maintain database wiht two DOB' s of employees, where i can celebrate their actual birthday
but one of my manager mentioned that there is a corporate rule where the employee birthday will be celebrated as per certificates.

From India, Hyderabad
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,
On company' s record only single authentic date of birth supported by valid document such as birth certificate from the Authority, Adhar/ Pan card or educational certificate etc has to be admitted for all purposes including date of retirement and computing length of service of an employee.
This is vital step and HR responsibility during on - boarding formalities.
If two dates of birth are on records, it is potential cause for legal dispute later.
Regards,
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.