No Tags Found!

ragav.kutta
Dear elite members,
I would like to know if you are entitled to apply for an opportunity in the same organization where you are serving a notice period. In plain words, I have resigned and serving notice period (90 days) in my current organization ABC. Now I come to know there is an opportunity available in the same organization, and I am also interested in pursuing the same. Am I entitled to apply for the job and will the HR consider my candidature? I know you might have questions on why I resigned and am willing to join in the same organization. I was not comfortable in the current role that I perform and hence resigned, but the new opportunity looks like a better prospect (it might also be a grade lower as well). I am still interested in pursuing this opportunity, but I would like to know if there are any rules that can prevent me from applying for that opportunity which is available in the open market.
I request you to let me know your varied thoughts and views on the same and provide me some clear guidance.
Thanks,
ragav.kutta

umakanthan53

Considering the candidature of an employee who is on the eve of his notice period for some other post in the same organization is purely a matter of subjectivity of the employer. Generally no hard and fast rules in this regard.
The feed back given by your immediate superiors about you performance in the present job ,your general behavior and the nature of responsibilities associated with the post you are applying for are the factors for consideration.

From India, Salem
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,
If your HR / Employer is willing to consider then you may request then you can cancel your resignation and can continue as it is. All the same please note that HR will review your application based on the negative points shared by you, if any, at the time of resignation.

From India, Madras
loginmiraclelogistics

Hi Raghav,
Nobody can stop you from applying for the post. But when you are called for interview you if you fulfill the required JD, you may have to face embarrassing questions about your present post. Who knows if feed back from the evaluators of the present post is very good you may even get an offer also. I hope you have ready answers to justify your action preferring lower grade job.

From India, Bangalore
PRABHAT RANJAN MOHANTY

Since you are in service till completion of your notice period. You better go and discuss with the department head where the vacancy is exist.
You convince the DH that you are the best option for the position and can give better result, since you know the organisation,people & culture well.
The HR never have a problem if the department wants your reappointment. It all depends upon your credibility you had with the organisation. No, organisation wants to loose good people.

From India, Mumbai
RobertBrakebill
Keep it up! I think you can work everywhere.
From United States, Santa Clara
RobertBrakebill
You will be the best worker. I think your kids will be proud of you.
From United States, Santa Clara
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.