krrish-sedulous

I am working in an MNC as a fresher for the past 2 years. During this period, I have done multiple acclaimed certifications and still continuing to do many more. During my hiring, the CTC offered by this company was very less. Now I am attending the interviews outside, but after all the discussions, the CTC offered to me is based on my current CTC (which is rather less). It happened to me in 3 cases all of them which I turned down.
No company that I attend are looking at my skills but only the experience and the current CTC. I can say that very few profiles will have that skillset in 2 years of career. What should I do now. Should I accept the package offered by them? Can't I demand based on my skillset(I am not that greedy to demand a lot, but the amount I feel that I deserve)??

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,
You have not mentioned whether you are in technical or non technical field. Also you have not mentioned your current and expected salary. The salary amount you think, you deserve may not be realistic for the employer.
My point of view is that qualifications are just like a hall ticket to get into the Organization. What is important is rich practical experience to execute the job assigned to you. I would suggest you to master yourself in your work and stick on the any company for considerable years, prove yourself so as to gain work knowledge and monetary part. However when there is no scope of career growth with current employer you may look for new employment.
Yes employer tend to fix salary on the last drawn salary.

From India, Madras
krrish-sedulous

Hi
I am in technical field. I am working as an RPA developer in Blue Prism (also have worked on RPA - Ui Path previously) where I was part of 3 deployed projects till date and number of PoCs. I have knowledge on ASP.NET and JEE(very strong in OOPS concepts, also I was the topper in my training batch). I have also got good knowledge in MS SQL server where I am comfortable in writing SQL/PLSQL quries and also capable in creating procedures/functions/cursors(also Varrays & nested tables). I have also done AD01 certification in Blue Prism, foundation & orchestrator certificates in Ui Path. Currently I am preparing for APD01(Professional Developer) in Blue Prism & advanced, SAP automation certifications in Ui Path.
My current CTC is 3.6 LPA and I am expecting 6.5 LPA which was way too much for the recruiters. Also I performed well in all the interviews I attended & cleared most of them. I don't think I am demanding too much. Please let me know if I am. Thank You.

ayakkad

It is the practice of companies to give maximum of 35% hike from the present salary. This norm is prevalent today in any Industry whether IT or Manufacturing.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.