Anonymous
What is the eligible criteria for insured person’s family members to avail ESIC benefits? My father is retiree government employee. Can he avail benefits on my ESIC card ?
From India, Thane
nathrao

Family - definition under ESI Act - ESI Scheme - RO, ESIC Mumbai India
Family means all or any of the following relatives of an insured person namely :-
a spouse
a minor legitimate or adopted child dependant upon the insured person
a child who is wholly dependant on the earnings of the insured person and who is
(a) receiving education, till he or she attains the age of twenty one years
(b) an unmarried daughter
a child who is infirm by reason or any physical or mental abnormality or injury and is wholly dependant on the earnings of the insured person, so long as the infirmity continues.
dependant parents
Is your father a pensioner from Govt?

From India, Pune
nathrao

https://www.esic.nic.in/CIRCULARS/Bft190511parents.pdf
No. R.13/12/ Policy/2001-Bft.1I Dated: 19.5.2011
To
All RDs/Directors/Jt. Dirs (I/c),
Regional/Sub Regional Offices,
ESI Corporation,
Subject Eligibility condition for Dependant parents for medical benefit
Sir/Madam,
Kindly refer to SI. No. 5 of the Notification of Government of India, Ministry of
Labour and Employment published in the Gazette of India ,Extraordinary Part-II Section
3-Sub Section (I) vide G.S.R. 229(E) bearing No 5-38012/1/2009- SSl.dated 23.3.2011
regarding insertion of Rule 61-A after Rule 61 in ESI(Central) rule. Copy of said
Notification has been sent to you vide endorsement of letter No. X-11/14/1/2002-P&D
dated 5.4.2011.
As per the said amendment the income of dependent parents for eligibility to
medical benefit under sub -clause (v) of clause(11) of Section 2 of the ESI Act from all
sources should not exceed Rs. 5000/- (Rs. Five thousand) in a month. The above
amendment has come into force w.e.f. 1.4.2011. You are requested to bring this to the
notice of all concerned under your control for strict compliance.
Receipt of this letter may please be acknowledged.
Kindly cross check with near by ESIC clinic the income levels presently in force.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.