Mamta Kumari007

I have called a candidate for interview in a IT company. He was interviewed by our technical members. There was two rounds of technical Interview and finally he cleared the rounds and my time came as HR. I found him very polished, groomed and can lead the overseas project. I had asked his feedback about technical interview then he said that he did not like the way the Sr. Person behave. Approach is totally different and interviewer only wants to listen what he thinks right/likes but yes I took this as constructive feedback and have to face multiple personality in the. work.
Somewhere I found that due the rude behaviour of our person, I have lost that guy.
I discussed this with my Mgt. And also with that interviewer. I have also tried to tell candidate about what company expect and about the culture.
What you think.. What should be your approach as HR.

From India, Mumbai
nathrao

You have heard only one side of the feedback.
Talk to senior person and other member also and get a complete view.Sometimes when questions are asked to gauge technical competence, candidates my not be liking it as approach to a problem may be different.Every technical person may not handle the problem in same way.Differences in approach may arise.There EQ plays a role.
Have you as HR person received similar feedback about this senior Technical person.
A balance will have to be struck while accepting feedback and shared appropriately.

From India, Pune
Mamta Kumari007

Thanks for your feedback. Our interviewer is no doubt That he is technically very strong but yes the way he speaks or project himself sometimes it’s not good.
From India, Mumbai
Mamta Kumari007

And you are 100%right that one must see in the both prospective.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.