No Tags Found!

snjain

Dear Sir/Mam,
I was working with one company before 4 months but that company asked me to wait for 45 days for full and final. Its been 4 months now but they are not releasing my experience letter and full and final amount.
Please suggest me what can I do?

From India, New Delhi
umakanthan53

Dear Jain,
Full and Final Settlement refers to the settlement of all mutual financial dues between the employer and the employee when the contract of employment between them gets terminated. How long it should take to be completed can not be precisely set down for it depends upon the nature, quantum and points of dispute,if any of the dues. But certain statutory dues like gratuity, retrenchment compensation, unpaid salary/wages have their time limits set down under the respective laws applicable which, I think, do not exceed 30 days from the date of termination of employment in any case. If the employee owes some dues to the employer, at times , those can not be legally adjusted against the dues to the employee or there may be some disputes in their calculation or the outstanding may be larger. In anticipation of such a contingency, some employers unilaterally decide the period as 45 days and as such it has no legal sanction,if any. Depending upon the position of your job with the previous organization, you can initiate recovery process of the dues since the default period is unduly long.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.