umarfaruk12
Hello, Can anyone help me know as to how many employees should be there in an organization for the ID Act, 1947 applicble?
From India, Jalalpur
umakanthan53

Dear Umar,
The applicability of the Industrial Disputes Act,1947 is not restricted by the number of workmen/employees employed in an industrial establishment/undertaking. Of course, there are certain restrictions with reference to the number of the employees in respect of certain matters viz., Lay-off and Retrenchment of employees and closure of the establishment and formation of committees viz., Works Committee and Grievance Settlement Committee ; certain classification-based restrictions in matters of strikes and lock-outs.
I would like to request you to go through the relevant chapters/sections of the Act for further details in this regard.

From India, Salem
umarfaruk12
Thank you for your valuable response.
From India, Jalalpur
ashokadass@hotmail.com
I think, This is applicable for all class of Industry & matter can be brought through Labour court further if employer is not complying the norms.
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.