T.Thirumurugan

Dear sir,
1.Please provide the difference between (i) Company's employees (ii) Scheduled Employments (iii) Non-Scheduled Employments
2.Who is coming under (i) Company's employees (ii) Scheduled Employments (iii) Non-Scheduled Employments
3.What is meant by Schedule detailing categories of the company's employees (Management/General/Personnel)
4.Please provide the sample copy of outsourcing agreement, staff manual and employee handbook
5.What is meant by company's pension fund obligations and how can we confirm that the company is compliant with the same
Thanks with Regards
T.Thirumurugan

From India, Hyderabad
T.Thirumurugan

Dear sir,
1.Please provide the difference between (i) Company's employees (ii) Scheduled Employments (iii) Non-Scheduled Employments
2.Who is coming under (i) Company's employees (ii) Scheduled Employments (iii) Non-Scheduled Employments
3.What is meant by Schedule detailing categories of the company's employees (Management/General/Personnel)
4.Please provide the sample copy of outsourcing agreement, staff manual and employee handbook
5.What is meant by company's pension fund obligations and how can we confirm that the company is compliant with the same
Thanks with Regards
T.Thirumurugan

From India, Hyderabad
Madhu.T.K

By scheduled employment is meant the employment specified in the schedule attached to a particular Act. For example, there are minimum wages notified for different classes of industries and different classes of employment. These are schedules under the Act. Provident Fund......Act also has a schedule in which classes of employment which will come under the coverage of the said Act are given and generally those kinds of employments are called scheduled employment.
The employees who are on the rolls of the company should be the Company employees. There is no such kind of category anywhere in the Labour laws. Correct me if I am wrong. Since a schedule is nothing but a statement showing some related things, you can very well have your own schedule of employees holding Managerial positions, employees holding purely administrative roles, workers who do not have any supervisory rights, etc.

From India, Kannur
Glidor

scheduled and non scheduled employment is based on the nature of job and the wages act compliance, it is applicable on both company employees and out-source employees , refer payment of wages act and minimum wages act as per your schedules applicable
outsourced employees are monitored through the labor commissioner contract works agreement, and principal employer has to ensure that their statuary liability of labor welfare schemes viz , ESIC/ EPF(including EPS) has been discharged by the contractor, other wise the principal employer has to pay the same and discharge the liability
Please get in touch with state labor commissioner office for obtaining licence of awarding contract for out sourcing the external employees

umakanthan53

Well-said, Mr. Madhu. I was a little bit confused under which Act Thirumurugan needs clarification. The last one in the volley of his questions added to my predicament whether the questions relate to EPF Act in which my knowledge is only very rudimentary.
From India, Salem
saiconsult

Mr. Thirumurugan, it seems you have heard few terms and try to relate them. That will confuse your understanding about labour laws because there are many labour laws, each dealing with the definition of 'employee' or 'wages or salary' in it's own way keeping in view the purpose of the Act. The easy method to understand these concepts of employee, employment and wages will be to question in what context you want to know about them and then refer that specific Act.
For.ex. you want to know as to who are eligible for PF benefit, then take PF Act and go through it. If you want to know who are entitled to minimum wages, then go through the said Act.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law Advisor
Navi Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.