No Tags Found!

madeup
Hi, I am new to Dubai Labour Law.
I understand that by UAE labour law, employee with more than 6 months less than 1 year of service is entitled to 2 days annual leave per month. > 1 year would have 30 days entitlement.
Company does not allow carry forward of any annual leave to following year; any unutilised annual leave will be automatically forfeited.
Probation is six months.
So
A: employee A joined on 01 Aug 2017, by law, at the end of 2017, she will earn zero annual leave (5 months)
B: employee B joined on 01 Mar 2017, she would pass probation in Aug 2017... according to law, she earns 2 days x 10 months (20 days annual leave) in 2017.
Question:
1. is it common for company not to allow any carry forward of annual leave to following year?
2. which is more common: to compute annual leave based on calendar year or anniversary year (date join of employee)?
3. employee B can only start to use her 20 days annual leave in Aug? or can she start to consume it earlier?
4. employee B will have 30 days in 2018.. I assume employee A will also have 30 days, but can only consume in Jan 2018 after she passes the probation. Correct?
Appreciate your advice and any other hints I should keep in mind.
Thank you

From Singapore, Singapore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.