No Tags Found!

vidhyalakshmiwin
Dear friends,
Need your suggestion,one of my friend facing issue in present employer.
She was joined on July month 2017 as a retail store manager.her performance s good.and now the problem is company has fired her without any notice.no email no any other communication.her RM visited her store and said to her leave the store that's it.and she is not allowed her to make call to hr as well.and she threatened very badly.she asked for a reason,her Rm replied that her background verification is negative.she asked for a clarification but she not explained.she cried and came out and called hr.even hr was surprised about wat was happened.and hr said that he will check.but it has already 5 days passed and no one helped her.
I don't know much about company policy and labour law so I need your suggestion.she s from poor family she s d one who take care her family.so i feel that I need to help her .
Kindly suggest what can be done
Regards,
Vidhya

From India, Chennai
swaminathan174
Before Proceeding any action on this, please go thro the Appointment letter of the employee and study the termination / resignation class. Based on you query, the said employee is 3 months old in the organisation and to ascertain any one performance, it is required a 6 months period. Please have a check and revert.
From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Vidhya,
Going by the description of the exit of your friend, it appears that she has been terminated due to non-performance. When RM visited her store, he must have observed some glaring lapse or egregiousness that does not behove well for the stature of the manager. Hence her on spot termination. Neither theory of HR Management nor law permit this type of termination. Nevertheless, when power gets into the head of the senior managers, they behave like this.
Regional Manager after his visit, should have discussed his observations with the Store Manager. She should have been given chance to explain her position. If not convinced, he could have told her to put in her papers. Rather than doing this, he terminated your friend instantaneously and a cover up of background verification has been given.
Anyway, if your friend joined in Jul 2017 then she must be on the probation. Even if the legal procedure would have been followed nothing much would have happened. They could have terminated her with a day's notice.
For HR Professionals: - HR professionals always vie for employee retention and to retain employees they conduct employee engagement activities. However, a culture of the company that permits on spot terminations, in a company without culture justice or fairness, can the engagement activities work? If at all engagement is there, it would be physical engagement and not mental engagement. Was it that difficult to make employee's termination less painful? News about on spot termination must have spread in the entire store or even in the other stores as well. With the news of this kind floating around, will it foster salubrious employee relations?
For the originator of the post: - This is a professional forum. Therefore, before uploading the post, take care of grammar and punctuation. Write the post on MS word and then copy it.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
vidhyalakshmiwin
Dear all, Thanks for your valuable advice and feedback. Thanks a lot. Regards, Vidhya
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.