No Tags Found!

M Mohan kumari
Hi,
I am 4 months pregnant and working in an IT company. I have got an offer from another IT company. Will i be able to join that company and avail maternity leaves?
In my current company, notice period is 3 months. I am trying to negotiate it for a month, so that i can join new company by end of next month.
Is it possible for me to take maternity leaves from Mid/End of November in new company?

From India, Bengaluru
manojkamble

Dear Mohan Kumari,
First of all you need to inform another IT company to which you are joining in about your pregnancy. There are very less companies which will like / allow employee who will be going on 6 months leave soon after joining. Hiding the fact again may create problem for you and it may result in termination of contract which is not beneficial for you.
Thus, speak-out with your new employer and clarifies from them.

Vijayakrishnanb

If you complete 80 days of working in an organisation, you are entitled for Maternity Benefit. However, as said, you need to inform your new employer before joining.
From India, Madras
sunielmudgil

Dear, properly advised by Manoj Kamble ji and Vijay Krishnan ji. for further or any other legal query you can call/mail me

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.