amtgup

Dear Seniors, please let me know does the HR has the power to increase the employee salary without intimating the board of directors, Regard Shivam
From India, Jaipur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shivam,
The reply depends on how much empowerment HR enjoys. In bigger companies, HR may or may not be empowered. In smaller companies generally these decisions are taken by MD or CEO.
By the way, between Board of Directors (BoD) and HR, a layer of hierarchy lies called as MD or CEO. Why you have queried about intimation to BoD and not someone in between?
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Apex Management

Peoples sometime asks irrelevant questions here which do not have any connection or concern with the applicable laws or rules. Whether HR can increase the salary without informing the BOD or MD? How we can answer?
Mr. Dinesh has rightly said that it depends upon management to management and no hard and fast rules is framed under any labour laws. He can increase if he is empowered or have to seek permission if he is not having enough liberty to decide the increase.
Thanks
P K Sharma

From India, Delhi
amtgup

sir i know my question does sound bit silly but A HR is responsible to recruit the eligible candidate so my question is who will decide & increase the candidate salary weather HR (Recruiter) or MD/CEO
From India, Jaipur
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shivam,
When requisition for the recruitment is sent to the recruitment section, obviously the HR or the department concerned, intimates the salary range in which the job candidate needs to be selected. This range should give rough idea to the HR or recruiter. In case if HR is unable to find the right candidate in the specified salary range then HR can very well take up the matter to the CEO.
Going further, at the time of recruitment, HR generally just asks the salary expected. HR does not decide the salary per se. Therefore, question of you deciding the salary or "increasing" salary does not arise.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
amtgup

sir,
suppose A HR is going to recruit the Accountant with salary range 7K to 10K my question is weather HR can decide the candidate salary in between 7K to 10K as per the candidate experience/performance,

From India, Jaipur
psdhingra

Mr. AMTGUP,
The question arises, are you testing the knowledge of the members or putting some examination question to your students?
Where is the question of supposition like, "suppose A HR is going to recruit the Accountant ............"? Question of supposition does not arise, if there is some real problem, which you do not seem to have.
If you belong to the decision making authorities of HR, you should have referred to delegated powers conferred to the authorities by the company Board, instead of asking such a vague question.
However, if you don't belong to the decision making authorities in HR by holding some responsible post, you should have mentioned the purpose for what you have asked such a question.

From India, Delhi
anupama.hr028@gmail.com
Hi,
In general , HR cannot increase the employee salary without intimating the top management. HR has to ask once before doing this...
But if the HR has the full power of decision making, then only in rare cases HR can do this.

From India, Jalalpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.