No Tags Found!

powerbuzz03
Dear All,
I want a good selection strategy. It will be a big help if anyone can come up with a good workable strategy on selection.
I am working for a pharmaceutical company and I am into Sales HR. As the job demands, we generally have monthly recruitment drives where in we take interviews for medical rep, area managers, regional managers. We usually take two rounds of interview- Panel one: Jr HR + Sales Manager, Panel two: Sr. HR + Sr. Sales manager. We had never had standard interview questionnaires. The problems arise when everyone starts to assess a candidate on same parameters like: Background, attitude, job knowledge, role clarity, behavioural aspects, communication, expected salary etc etc. When we finally tally we often find that we all are judging the candidates on similar things as mentioned.
Can anyone plz suggest a perfect way to assess a sales candidate (of all levels) based on KSA or other parameters. Plus if there is any interview assessment sheet we should use..

From India, Kolkata
Dinesh Divekar

Dear powerbuzz

The reply to your query lies in your post itself. In your post you have written that you need monthly recruitment drive. But then do you need interviews every month? Is it because of expansion of your company or employee attrition. If is latter then how many persons left because they were unfit to handle the job? You need to do analysis of the candidate who were required to be removed because of their poor performance. You need to tally questions asked in the interview for such candidates and find out where your selection had gone wrong. The second analysis is about the employees who were not removed. What they told in interview and what they actually do, is there any gap? Why this gap was there that you need to study.

Unless you do this, you will never come to know where you had been going wrong.

Above, have you tried the time tested "Behavioural Interviewing"? In behavioural interviewing, candidate can never concoct answers. However, in this interviewing method, interviewer has to be trained formally. The trouble in India is that most of the interviewers assume that they have acquired these skills on their own. What is happening in your company could be the fall out of this assumption as well.

I conduct training on "Behavioural Interviewing". About five years ago, one of the members of this forum had attended my training and later uploaded his comments on the forum. You may click the following link to refer those comments:

https://www.citehr.com/241500-fantas...ng-skills.html

If you wish to know the contents of this training programme then you may click here.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.