rose.kam08
Can anybody help me in preparing HR behavioral interview questions based on the construction industry?

Tell me a time when you pushed your boundaries
Please share some examples when u showed your team-building skills
What do you do when you work under tremendous pressure
How would you handle difficult customer or boss
Your biggest accomplishment you are proud of
What do you think in which areas you need improvement
Your biggest failure so far and what did you learn from it
Tell us the time when you handled a difficult situation
What makes you unique

From India, Bhubaneswar
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rose.Kam08,

I am into corporate training, and I conduct the training programme on "Behavioural Interviewing". Considering my experience, let me ask you a question. What do you think, how many candidates will be able to give a proper answer even for half of the questions?

Have you asked these questions to yourself? If you give honest answers, then how will you be able to assess the answers?

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Nagarkar Vinayak L

Dear Colleague,

You need to keep in mind the purpose of behavioural interviewing. It is primarily to assess how successful you are likely to be in this position, by your actual examples of handling difficult situations, relating to inter-personal relations as team player or boss, problem situations, innovative ideas etc. While stating real- life work situation s faced by you, you need to be honest and true to yourself and avoid telling imaginary things and unduly trying to impress. In narrating , you emphasize on your approach, actions and results achieved in a given situation handled by you. If possible, state your logic behind your approach and choice of actions as also quantify results wherever possible.

Keeping the above in your mind, answer the questions you have given in your post as well as look for more through googling .

Best of luck,

Regards,

Vinayak Nagarkar
HR and Employee Relations Consultant

From India, Mumbai
aussiejohn

When conducting behavourial based interviews, the questions need to be more targeted, and not generalised as in your examples.

They also need to be formatted as STAR questions.
Situation
Task
Action
Result

Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the situation, what did you do and what was the result?

The interviewer needs the candidate to answer all three questions, and specifically state what THEY personally did. What you are looking for is the ability to use initiative to solve a problem and gain a satisfactory, ie win/win, outcome.

Tell me about a time when you had to work as part of a team to accomplish a project but one team member was not co-operating. What was the situation, how did you manage the unco-operative team member, what was the result?

The flip side of this is that candidates need to be prepared for these sorts of questions by having a list of possible scenarios from their experience that they can use in interviews. And you need to be able to tell the story quickly and succinctly. Even if you don't get asked a specific behaviour type question, answering all questions in the STAR format shows the interviewer that you are prepared and can answer the questions in a way that highlights your skills and abilities and makes their job easier when it comes to choosing the successful candidate.

From Australia, Melbourne
Yogit
Hi, I am looking for behavioral interview questions. can anyone please help. Thanks Yogita
From India, New Delhi
aussiejohn

This topic has been discussed many times here on CiteHR and there are lots of questions posted.

Also check google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=beha...hrome&ie=UTF-8

From Australia, Melbourne
hrtraining360

Q1. Describe a situation in which you successfully overcame a major obstacle on a construction project.

A1. On a recent construction project, I faced a major obstacle when it came to sourcing the necessary materials. The original material supplier fell through, leaving us with a very short timeline and limited resources. I quickly worked to reach out to new suppliers and negotiated a deal with one that could provide the necessary materials in time for the project. Through organization and effective communication, I was able to successfully overcome the obstacle and ensure the project was completed on schedule.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.