No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hello Everyone,
Thanks for reading my query, Facts are as:
1. Due to unavoidable circumstances, my unit was closed two years ago and still closed.
2. Number of employees sanctioned are 100.
3. Maximum number of employees during past 7 years less than Ten.
Is it possible that we get an exemption from PF/ESIC or get rid of PF applicability on our unit?
Please help
Thanks
SK Jain

From India, Dehra Dun
Harsh Kumar Mehta

Sir,
(1) So far as coverage under ESI Act, 1948 is concerned Section 1(6) of said Act provides that a factory or an establishment to which this Act applies shall continue to be governed by this Act notwithstanding that the number of persons employed therein at any time falls below the limit specified by or under this Act or the manufacturing process therein ceases to be carried on with the aid of power.".
(2) Similar provisions exist in Section 1(5) of the Employees' Provident Fund & Misc. Provisions Act, 1952.
Hope you will see above provisions of Acts in respect of issue raised in the thread.

From India, Noida
Wolyarn
Dear Mr Mehta, Thanks for update. I knew about these, but wanted to ensure if there is any other way which I am not aware of. Thanks for your quick update. SK Jain
From India, Dehra Dun
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.