No Tags Found!

reebaz
Good Morning,
I am working as a PRO in UAE with 3 years exp as system administrator earlier in INDIA.i want to do MBA HR through Distance Education Mode.My educational qualification is B.Tech(CSE).
So plz can any one clarify my doubt i.e for which position can i apply after MBA HR (HR Manager or Assistant HR Manager or any .....)which suites with my professional career experience...
I will be very thankful for all those who can at-least try to help me..it may be helpful for others also in future.
Thanks & Regards(in Advance)
Reebaz.

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
ukmitra

Hi Reebaz,
You are a Btech and working as PRO, Public Relation Officer. Is that what you mean?? Please clarify.
On MBA, there are so many options, in India through correspondence and through Online Mode and almost all major Institutions accredited by AICTE and UGC have the programs online. Just search the internet and you will get a loads of suggestion, You will need to do you own home work on which to choose based on the curriculum that suits you.
Piece if advice, "donn't go for any MBA options that mentions "Correspondence" on the degree awarded. Few companies in Middle east do not recognize these a valid post graduate degree and also do not attest them in their own embassy.
I suggest go for AICTE/UGC approved online mode course. I am doing course through AIMA, AIMA - All India Management Association. There are good and fees is just so affordable so is the curriculum.
Good Luck.

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
reebaz
Hi Ukmitra,
First i would like to thank you for your valuable suggestion.
Yes i am a Computer Science Graduate. I worked as Systems Administrator after graduation for 3 years. Later i got an offer for the post of Public Relations Officer in Gulf, As i am very much interested to become an HR and this field(PRO) is little related to HR i agreed and presently working as PRO.
Now based on this experience i want to become an HR (in future).
Note : I do not have any MBA or any other degree related to HR. can i still apply for HR post with this experience?
so, please help me what should i do? in which way should i proceed to achieve my goal to become an HR.
Thanks & Regards,
Reebaz.

adityaoak

Dear Reebaz,
You may try to move in to HR internally first and gain a good amount of experience. If you were to move outside to an HR role, chances are that you will have to start at an entry level position. Whereas you have spent time in your company, you have a certain amount of familiarity with the people and processes. That will be a good step up from PR to HR.

From India, Mumbai
reebaz
Hi Adityaoak,
Good Morning,
Thank you very much for your valuable information. I understood your point but, My question is though i have good knowledge in HR roles and activities i'll still get the experience letter as PRO only and same time no added degree related to HR. Am i still eligible to apply for HR posts outside.Please clarify..
Have a good day..
Thanks and Regards
Reebaz.

adityaoak

Dear Reebaz,
That is precisely my point. A degree in HR maynot always result in a good job (and subsequently good salary) in HR. Remember HR (even mktg) is not a technical skill(like IT or finance). Hence whatever you will learn in theory will only be just that- theory. Real knowledge and exposure comes only from working. That's why you could look into getting an internal transfer first, which is the easiest option. Additionally, you can do some part-time and correspondence courses related to HR.
Also, are you so eager to change your job? Something you don't want to mention here? you can look for a job outside, but it will obviously be not very easy.

From India, Mumbai
colonel.rvs@gmail.com

I for one will not advice you to change your field. CSE knowledge is more promising than MBA HR from correspondence. Already you had switched to PRO - being gulf, it is OK. Instead of doing MBA, please look around for system related jobs in Gulf (there are plenty - you have 3 years exp). I am sure you shall not regret your change. Best of luck
warm regards
mani
Lt Col (Retd) RVS Mani

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.