No Tags Found!

CHR

We've finally been able to create a script to identify and remove those single line "Thank you" posts. We just removed about 600,000 of them.
Posting "Thank you" seems like a nice gesture but it adds pages after pages of useless posts and users have to browse through all those pages to identify any useful content. This is going to change - we now have a minimum word limit of 100 characters and even after the post is made it may get removed if it doesn't add to the discussion.
Moderators please help in this effort - if you see any such posts please remove them.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
nashbramhall

Dear Sid,
You have taken the much needed action and I will also remove such posts from now on. In the past, I was not sure if I was within my rights to do it. Now, that you have provided the "Appreciate and Validate" facility, there is no need to post "Thank you" messages. You may find that such posts will still continue in the Humour and other sections, which do not have the facility to thank otherwise.

From United Kingdom
CHR

Hi Simhan,
This is an automated process which we will keep improving as we discover loopholes or things we missed. We'll keep adding more features to help improve the quality of the posts.
Regarding deleting of one liner or non-useful posts - yes, all moderators have complete rights to remove such posts. We should also keep an eye on people who repeatedly post the same general comments along with links - remove such account using "delete post as spam". You should also remove all previous posts of such accounts by applying the punitive action on all posts (check box) after checking the user's posts.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
groyalg

Dear Sid, I was expecting this. Thanks for realizing my actual status of my post. A very good programming indeed. Could you please let me know, whose idea was behind this?
From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sid,
You have taken so much of effort in removing "Thank you" posts. Now would you mind to remove unwanted "humor" posts as well? Let this forum have fewer must meaningful posts. It will increase the value of the forum as a whole.
Another thing is would you mind to reinstitute short cut keys and also font colour which has been disabled for quite some time.
Thanks,
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
CHR

Hi Dinesh,
We have deindexed the Humor section - meaning we've instructed removal of those pages from the search engines. As these pages attract a different sort of crowd (mainly interested in jokes) - it makes sense that we don't publish them in the search results. The section is being monitored by Anil Arora (one of our moderators) and I also keep checking the section from time to time.
We can't allow colours as it adds too much distraction for the readers and is often used in inappropriate ways - the text needs to remain standard for better readability. I am not sure which shortcut keys you are talking about - it have have inadvertently got disabled because of some other changes.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
RajRajiv
Hi Sid, Please delete my below post. Some typo occurs. I have created a new post for the same.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.