CHR

We have just created a "Best Case Discussions" section. Moderators are requested to MOVE threads that they feel were the best discussions to this forum. This will help new users find an easy to go through list of all the best threads in the community.
The Best Case Discussions - CiteHR Human Resource Management Community Knowledgebase
You can possibly identify the threads from your "My Library" as that lists all the threads you have participated in.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
HR Hiral Mehta

Probably this is the only site where I've observed real time changes basis the need & requirement. The access to it has become so easy for laymen. Appreciate the efforts made by the moderators for keeping CiteHR LIVE. :)
From India, Ahmedabad
Sharmila Das

Dear Mr. Sid,
Great going...!!!
I like the way CHR is functioning now. "SWIFT & MOMENTARY" thats all I have to say. I 'd like to ask you if you can move the below couple of threads; incase you find it a good choice in the BEST DISCUSSION FORUM. Since I'm not allowed by my own to do so, request you to look into the same.
https://www.citehr.com/440187-can-wo...-pregnant.html
https://www.citehr.com/440030-talk-s...ml#post1991216

From India, Visakhapatnam
CHR

@Hiral - Thanks... appreciate your kind words. What we need now is to get more of the seniors starting discussions. One of the main issues we came across was that once members reach a certain level in their career - they no longer participate. This could be because of lack of time. But I bet that if we had some seniors start discussions at their level they would enjoy the discussions.
@Pravin - Thanks - and thanks once again for pointing out the other issues.
@Sharmila - Please let me know if you would like to take a moderatorship role. You're style of replying has been appreciated by many here. You can then move the threads you like, yourself. :)
The moderatorship is open to all established members - by established I mean a certain level of participation to help us gauge if the our values can mingle.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
Sharmila Das

Dear Mr. Sid,
At first, thank you for appreciating. I'm delighted by the option that you've extended for the moderatorship and I would definitelty like to take-up this role as an opportunity :) as this place has been treasured for its expertise.
Hope to elevate more contentment in virtuous CiteHRians.

From India, Visakhapatnam
CHR

@Sharmila - Great - I've made the account changes. Please go through the Moderator's guide. It's a bit out dated as the layout has the changed a bit but the functions remain the same.
Regards,
Sid

From India, Gurgaon
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sid,
Along with "Best Case Discussion", we also need to have "Best Replies". Raising queries is simple but giving replies is not that simple. Patience in typing the replies apart, quality of the answers also should be good.
In many times the questions are "hit and run". Other senior members spend their valuable time in giving replies and in return the originator of the post does not say thank you also.
Now imagine a situation. Some new member raises a query. Other senior members give good replies. The post finds place in "Best Case Discussion" but the originator of the post abandons the discussion or does not turn up to the forum at all. In my past replies it has happened several times. Therefore, I request you to take note of this situation also.
Thanks,
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
CHR

Hi Dinesh,

You are right - but this is a point of view issue. I think primarily the issue is that the query originator probably does not see a future relationship with the reply provider. The idea however for the reply provider is to create an important entry in the discussion. We are working on some improvements which will really highlight a user's contribution in a format that will make them beam with accomplishment. :) The idea here was always to be part of a KnowledgeBase that will most probably outlive us. Not to mention the fact that the signature can be used to promote any cause - be it to get business or develop connections.

This is an ongoing process but the end result will be awesome and useful in more than one way for everyone.

Regarding best replies - the number of appreciations actually create a list at the top right (if you click on the heart) - we can maybe add a section on the home page which displays the most appreciated comments of the day. We can't categorize the best replies in a forum without moving the whole thread to the new forum and even then it would be difficult for the user to identify "the reply" that brought the thread to that section.

Regards,

Sid

From India, Gurgaon
groyalg

Hi All,
The suggestion by Mr. Dinesh is really good and even I thought of sharing the same. However, the topic "The Best Case Discussions" itself suggest that it is the not the question asked in the thread but the reply given by the seniors also contribute and play important role. Hence, the meaning of "Disucussion" will be justified. So, considering and understanding all these points, a single section will suffice the purpose.
Still, I believe that there is always a scope of improvement and we will be working towards it.

From India, Delhi
skhadir

Dear Mr. Sid,

I second to Mr. Dines about "BEST REPLIES".

Do you have specific parameters set for "BEST CASE DISCUSSION" and "APPRECIATE & VALIDATE", allowing members to work within the framework? To be honest, I have seen members appreciating many post for simple reasons without evaluating the importance of information, was it relevant, was it useful, can it be used for reference for future quotes and more. If this is the scenario, i am sure we will not be able to locate the "BEST CASE DISCUSSION".

With regards to "HIT & RUN", as mentioned by Mr. Dinesh, we seriously want thread owners to communicate/interact with us by all means, providing their feedback and take it forward for further discussions before thread is closed. I suggest, the thread to be closed by the consent of the thread owner. We are very much interested to know, to what extent our views/opinion had served the purpose and its quite helpful for us to update our knowledge base as keep learning every second.

With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.