No Tags Found!

poonam219
Hi everyone,
Hi have so many problems with my current company. My boss is never stick to her words. She always change commitments. There is no HR policy. We dont even know the rules of our company. It is different for different employees. Rules are decided on the spot in the favour of employer ofcorse. The main 3 problems i have are: that i am a developer and i have assigend the position of Technical Analyst. I do all the work that a developer do but my boss is not ready to give me the position of Developer, which is not good for my career. Secondly before 7 months she asked me that i would get appraisal in next 2 3 months and the due appraisal would get paid with my salary, but i still dont get any appraisal. and the third problem is that our office boy is geeting almost same salary as of mine infact people on lower position are getting good salary except me. It is not acceptable. Please suggest me something. And also there is one month resignation notice period in my company, whi

From United States, Cambridge
klepakshi1967@yahoo.com

Dear It is common for every employee, see the things in positive, if you need more help on the above you may contact me 9866917232 Laxmi
From India, Hyderabad
Cite Contribution

Dear Poonam,
This doesnt look like a firm where you should work for the long term. Stick around till you find a better role, where the systems are far more established.
Raising a voice and fighting for the promised growth, will only take your focus and efforts away .
You might find some food for thought in this post. career advice

From India, Mumbai
samvedan

Hello,

I support (Cite Contribution)'s view!

Having said that, I would like to know where atr you working? No, I do not need the name of your employer but the place.

Your post says that you are based in US of A and it was a greater shock to learn of such unprofessional and amateurishly high handed behaviour of your superior.

However, let us look at at the matter like this.

1) In the given situation, you can only request/persuade/reason with your superior up to a point.

2) You could have taken up the matter for threadbare discussion during appraisals. If such a discussion was denied, you could have raised a level to seek resolution of a dilemma. (Why call it a "problem" with your superior?) This could be risky in the organizational culture you seem to be working in!

3) If your competence is NOT being recognized, it is pointless to continue to work in that environment.

What are chances of securing another employment (if necessary, on a relatively lesser compensation)?

Kindly consider all such relevant aspects carefully as high handed, dominating bosses you may come across in future also and you must develop a strategy to deal with such people.

On the present issue you have only said that your boss does not "listen". But in reality whenever you interact with her, what does she actually say? If she refuses to answer relevant and material questions, I feel you should first document your grievances.You must painstakingly follow up for answers. If this does not yield any result or yield unsatisfactory results, this correspondence itself become a justification to raise a level This path is NOT free of risks but without taking risks nothing may be achieved!

Ideally when you intensify efforts to change employment, you should start implementing. If your problems are resolved, you do not have to change present employment (if you otherwise like it here!) and your problems are still not resolved, you have already placed yourself on a course to change employment, In this strategy you must handle the time and the timing of each move as also the choice of word you use during interactions, with great care, caution and skill!

Trust you will get some ideas from this post , on how t deal with your situation!

Regards

samvedan

December 27, 2012

--------------------------

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.