srinivigna

Dear All,
Please suggest me whether i can write to my management asking for the reasons of very very minimum PERFORMANCE PAY (Only 30% of the actual amount) even though there is very meagre missing of achieving the stipulated targets as per my KRA. I am only person in the organisation in this range rest of the staffs are given minimum of 60%. Please suggest an right way to have my amount from management.
Thanks in advance,
R.Srinivasa Raghavan.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Srinivasa Raghavan,
Please clarify on the following points:
a) How many KRAs you had and what was the total score? What is the score in percentage?
b) What is the time duration of the performance cycle?
c) Has organisation defined the performance slabs for the disbursement of the performance bonus?
d) Why you say that 30% is meagre?
e) Meeting performance targets apart, was there any other fault from your side? Were you involved in matter of discipline?
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
srinivigna

Thanks ji,
Answer to queries are,
a) How many KRAs you had and what was the total score? What is the score in percentage? - 4 KRA's in total. Only one of the KRA's were only not met 100% and rest were met 100%.
b) What is the time duration of the performance cycle? Yearly
c) Has organisation defined the performance slabs for the disbursement of the performance bonus? NO
d) Why you say that 30% is meagre? When compared to all other staffs.
e) Meeting performance targets apart, was there any other fault from your side? Were you involved in matter of discipline? Nothing ji.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Srinivasa Raghavan,
Out of four KRAs, your score for three KRAs was 300 and for the fourth one it was less. What was the score for the fourth KRA? Is it that you faulted to attain the target for the vital KRA which was fourth one?
Anyway, you may write the letter to your HR Head asking clarification on what parameters you have been given the performance incentive. If you are not satisfied with the reply, then you may approach MD of your company. If still not satisfied then you may quit the company. If you wish, then you may write the draft of the letter and upload on this forum. Some senior like me will correct it. Instead of writing name of the senior authority, you may just write xxxxx.
With all said and done, there appears to be some problem somewhere. How are your relations with the Manager or General Manager? Have you fallen out of favour of either? Please note that there cannot be smoke without fire!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
srinivigna

Dear Divakar Ji,
In our company there is no HR manager and I am directly reporting to HEAD of the company only. Please let me chances to recover any amount (I lost in Performance Pay) from the management.
Thanks in advance,
R.Srinivasa Raghavan.

From India, Pune
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Srinivasa Raghavan,
If you report directly to Head of the company then two things emerge. One is that performance incentive need not be linked to the KRA score and second is that 30% performance pay must be his conscious decision.
Now question arises is that by putting formal application, will he get indignant? Out of indignation, will he start harassing you?
Moreover, is payment of 30% incentive a ploy to remove you? Is it a signal to you that you are a persona non grata in his company?
Therefore, think from all the sides before putting up formal application. One more choice is talk to him when he is in good mood. What a formal application cannot achieve that a informal talk in good mood may achieve!
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
srinivigna

Dear Divakar Ji, Thanks a lot for your advice and time in this regard. Thanks again, R.Srinivasa Raghavan.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.