No Tags Found!

priyam_pari4u@yahoo.co.in
ear Friends,
I have been told to design a Director\'s Development Programme for my company. We are into real estate sector.So what can be the parameters set to recognize the director or high management eligible for the program. What topic or content i have to add? Please help me.

From India, Calcutta
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Priyam,

Is yours a Public Limited Company? If yes, then approach Institute of Directors (IOD), Bangalore. They conduct training programmes related to quality subjects and responsibilities of the directors in public limited companies.

If your company is in SME category then I recommend you conducting training programme on "Managership to Leadership". Directors should understand that they are no longer managers and leadership at their level is quite different.

If your company is well-matured then I recommend for them "Strategic Planning". The number one trouble is that many managers don't understand difference between strategy and operational efficiency. Latter is often dismissed as former. But this is not the case that they should understand clearly.

Classic example of not understanding strategic aspects of business is Kodak. Though into the business for a long time, they have now filed for bankruptcy. What about our own Kingfisher Airlines? Is it not strategic failure? Strategic foresight is prerequisite of top management.

It is the directors' responsible to create a culture of performance. For this they should understand concept of "Performance Management System" very well. Many of the top management personnel do not understand where to focus on.

Lastly, it is directors that shape culture of company. What kind of culture your company has? Is it a:

- culture of competitiveness?

- culture of performance?

- culture of ownership?

- culture of innovation?

- culture of values?

- culture of change?

- culture of welfare?

- culture of celebration?

I handle training on each of the above subject except what I mentioned about IOD. Confirm what kind of training your Directors want. I am senior faculty and age of faculty would not be issue for your Directors.

Thanks,

Dinesh V Divekar

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.

From India, Bangalore
skhadir

I second to Mr. Dinesh. If your DIRECTOR's are passionate, employee oriented, system oriented and a very lovely, BROAD MINDED personalities, i am sure, development programmes will do the needful.
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.