No Tags Found!

anushka sharma
Dear All

I require your views on following situation and also suggestions on how to handle this situaion?

Recently we started a new project and transferred one of our talented employee ( Mr. X) as Project Manager ( 15 years experience with us) . He was clearly communicated that Plant Head (Mr. Y) will join and Mr. X will report to him.

Now Plant Head has joined but there is conflict between both. Mr. X initially showed that he has accepted Mr. Y but gradually cnflict started.

As a project Manager Mr. X continued to take decisions without involving Mr. Y. Whenever Mr. Y is questioning him / asking him something Mr. X avoids to explain him any thing. And tells him I am an old employee knows systems better. In morning meetings they have arguments with each other. They don't speak eye to eye. Rest of the project team is becoming stressed due to this.

My analysis says

1. They have different working styles Mr. X makes fast decisions and don't go too much into data and analysis whereas Mr. Y is a data man.

2. Both are looking for space.

I have counselled Mr. X and Y both but there is no change.

Please suggest how should I handle this situation

From India, Mumbai
mohan_mdu1

Dear Anu
Some details like the type of their job activities are missing.
However the following may be analysed in detail.
What is the profile of Mr. X
How much is the sincerity of Mr X exibited so far in the 15 years.
What is record of him
What is his ego level.....it appears certainly he has
Did Mr.X had an ambition to hold Plant Head
Is he due by chance
What is his interpersonal relationship record with other employees and other superiors
As per your assesment you have to decide with whom the fault lies more in other words in your perspective who is more dependable
Have a thorough observation and conclude.
Time being you decide to put another person Xdash in the same grade of Mr.X and share his responsiblity so that X and Xdash will report to Mr.Y.
(Ofcourse you have to analyse Mr.Y also similar to X without any bias)
Try
All the best
R MOHAN

From India, Madurai
skhadir

Dear Ms. Anuksha Sharma
1) What made you appoint Mr. X under Mr. Y?
2) Did you communicate and discuss about the appointment of Mr. Y as Plant Manager with Mr. X?
3) Did you study and evaluate Mr. X skills before appointing Mr. Y as his SUPERIOR?
4) Do you have any reason to state whether, Mr. X was not suitable for the post PLANT MANGER, inspite of being TALENT EMPLOYEE?
5) Do you have any about SUCCESSION PLANNING?
Looking forward to hear from you at the earliest.
With profound regards

From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.