No Tags Found!

rahat.joshi
kindly suggest how can i proceed further in setting KRA for S/w Developers.? Also suggest whether KRA can be changed on monthly basis or after a financial year?
From India, Chandigarh
rahat.joshi
Hello Anil,
thanks for responding,
can you let me know that whether i give a verbal detail to employee KRA or give a hard copy for that.
we are working on project carrying deadline sometimes of 2 months so can i change KRA accordingly?
Thanks
rahat

From India, Chandigarh
V. Balaji

Mr. Joshi,

First of all we must be clear as to what is KRA / KPA. KRA is Key Result Area. KPA is Key Performance Area. It is to our convenience we denote KPA or KRA.

KRA/KPA are not the routine ones. While setting KRA, it must address issues that bother the department/organization most. It should be set keeping in mind the concept SMART i.e. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound.

1. For a Factory Personnel Manager, the KRA may be like this.

To reduce canteen expenses by 20% from the current level of 6 lacs per month by 31/03/2012

2. For an Electrical Manager in a manufacturing industry

To reduce Electricity consumption from 50.0 units per ton of cement to 45.0 units by 31/12/2011

When you look at the above KRAs, you would be able to understand, they are specically conveyed, it can be measured, it is realistic and achievable and more so, there is time limit for achieving this target.

On the other hand a bad KRA can be something like this

1. To motivate all employees (a KRA is set for a HR Manager)

2. To complete day to day job in time

In the above KRAs are vague and does not focus on the target and moreover tt is not measurable

Therefore, for every industry or department, the HOD must focus on the key issues that have repurcussions on the performance of the department and set as KRA for the team members. May be 3-4 KRA can be set for the the year and individual assessed. The HOD must review the progress of KRA perodically and understand as to how the individual is focussed on those KRA. Wherever and whenever the individual needs management's support, can be organized.

Therefore you think and apply the same logic in your industry. Probably, call an external faculty and conduct a workshop for all HODS.

Balaji

From India, Madras
drunkenmaster875
Dear Sir,
KRA's for employees in the technical field can only be set by the Supervisor/Team Leader/ HoD of that specific team (depending on the team size).
If you are referring to Sw Engineers then depending on the Team size or who is in-charge of the team the Senior people in the team mainly the Team Leader or Project Leader will set the KRa's in the presence of the HR personnel.
The KRA's must be documented by HR and reviewed by the technical team(Supervisor/Team Leader/ HoD) whenever the next review comes by.
Regards
SF

From India, Mumbai
NK SUNDARAM

Result will arise only from the Objective set for the year. If you are clear about the Objectives for an employee, the Result areas can always be defined. The Job Description document for each position holder will come in handy to set the objectives and KRAs.
This can be finalised in consultation with the Immedite Superior or Department or Team Head of the Employee.
Best wishes

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.