No Tags Found!

ltreginald
Hi all,
My employer has allotted an amount towards monthly reimbursement against telephone expenses. All of us here are frequently asked to utilize our personal cell phones for making official calls, and the reason senior management gives is that telephone reimbursement (which is part of our salary) is to be utilized for official purposes.
On taking this matter up with the HR dept., they have verbally indicated that telephone reimbursement is for both personal and official use and the company expects we use this facility for official purposes also. But I had countered by saying that if it is to be used for official purposes
1. the handset should also be provided
2. Once my quota of (say Rs. 500/-) for a month is exceeded I should not be expected to make any more official calls.
To this they had no answer.

I request someone to clarify this doubt as many of my colleagues are spending more that what they are authorized on official calls and HR has no intention of reimbursing these exceeded amounts.
Regards,
Ltreginald

From India, Ponda
sidman05

Dear Member,
This is a problem which prevails in all Industries. The best way to clear this problem is to have a clear policy on Telephone.
Please opt for CUG connection, Many good Plans are avalibale with various service providers and try to restrict yourself with th egiven mobile allowance. We cannot deny our personal usage in the Offical Phone. so this has to be solved with the Mutal Consent only.
Regards,
SIDMAN

From India, Madras
ltreginald
Thanks Sidman,
I was thinking somewhat on the same lines. The Telephone policy has to be defined.
However many of the employees (350 approx.) would have to change their nos. and service providers to adopt a CUG plan, so they have dropped this idea.
Regards,
Ltreginald

From India, Ponda
sidman05

Dear Memeber,
Initally it is hard, but once you go for single service provider you will get more benefit, why 350 members use different service providers, internally if it is a CUG you will get lots of benefit.
Talk to them and in inital days let them have two mobile phones, or you can opt something like Reliance, MTS etc which provide handset along with the SIM card also this will solve your problem
Regards,
SIDMAN

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.