No Tags Found!

Nbsudha
Hi
I am working as an IT - Co- Ordinator in a MNC. My employer says he will not issue Form 16 as tax is not deducted from my salary.
But i have received Form 16 from my previous organisation when my salary was less.
As far as i know form 16 will be given though you are taxable or not.
Pls Confirm the procedure.
Regards
Sudha

From United Kingdom
ashok.jangra

Dear Sudha
It is mandotory to issue the Form 16 whether salary less or maximum and Tax deduct or not. No emploer refused to issue this. for further clarification you can contact Income Tax helpline Gurgaon no. 0124-2438000
Ashok Jangra

From India, New Delhi
Divya_w
Hello Collgeges,
I am quite sure that form 16 is not required to be issued in case TDS is not deducted. It is very clear in Income tax Act, 1961. Only a tax declaration is issued in such case giving details of the salary paid to you. Previous employer had issued Form 16 because the employer paid tax on your behalf. Its perfectly right procedure by both the employer. I think Sudha u have not declared the salary received from ur previous employer to the current employer.
Warm Regards,
Divya
Join my SMs chanel on income tax. It’s Free
<link outdated-removed>
or
Send JOIN INCOMETAXONLINE to 9870807070

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.