No Tags Found!

swati saxena

Dear All,
Greetings!
Could you please tell me the ideal or standard role of an HR Generalist in Training & Development.
Apart from Induction training, only organising training sessions for staffs members or also taking soft skills sessions also comes under the role of HR generalist profile?
Would be very greatful to all the members if they could through some light on my query and list down all the activites related to Training & Development handled by Hr generalist.
Earlier i posted the same post in T & D section but didnt get any reply.so,hoping your reply out here.:(:(:(:(:(

From India, Delhi
Anupatiyal
Hi Swati

Following to your query related to T&D part of HR there comes various activities which are as under:-

For new joiners:-
  • Company orientation programme or induction
  • Policy download or awareness programme
  • Creating awarenes about Company's Code of conduct & Disciplinary procedures
For existing employees:-
  • Training need Analysis.
  • SWOT Analysis: to convert opportunity areas into strengths & by giving proper coaching, counseling about threats that could assist them in achieving their targets or common company goal.
  • Maintaining proper Training calendar & concurrently coordination with HOD's of concerned depatt. regarding nominations or names of their team members whom they do think require an appropriate training & also ask them to mention "on which subject".
  • Assign a specific date of receiving nominations from all HOD's.
  • Drafting training modules as per the requirement.
  • Compiling names of those team members of all deptts., requiing training on same subject.
  • Designing training calendar accordingly.
  • Design a nice furnished "training feedback form" which would be filled by all trainees after completion of a session.
  • Take the hardcopy & softcopy of those forms and consolidate them in a file so that u could make an impressive view of same and could represent them in front of your seniors as an initiative or an achievement.
Hope it has clarified your query to an extent!!

Regards
Anu:p

From India, Delhi
swati saxena

thanks Anu.
but at the same time would like to know one more thing as you said :-
Drafting training modules as per the requirement
what kind of training module.........
whether training module are related with soft skill training or technical we dont have knowledge of the same.
if soft skill than can hr generalist can also take these session for their staff members,
if yes than will it be that much effective if taken by inhouse hr in place of trainer from outside.
please highlight.

From India, Delhi
gaggan_sahni

Swati,
Training in Generalistic profile is equivalent to a Training Manager's Job hence pls have no preconceived notions about the same that there are some defined or specified guidelnes for the same.

From United Kingdom
jai bakshi

dear swati,
for t&d, the spslization is must, u can think that hr gereralistic profile is equivlaent to a training manager some how yes but those who done the diploma in t&d they are the right person. the t&d diploma can obtain from istd delhi and the course is one and half year. any quire pls let me know..............
jai bakshi

From India, Delhi
anuradha reghuraman
Hi swati,
In my experience technical training cannot be taken by an HR generalist unless and until the organisation induction covers the same with a technical certification. As far as soft skill training is concerned many HR generalist take this depending upon the grade, educational background of trainee. If you are planning the same for Managerial cadre and above you would require a soft skill trainer from outside, another option is selecting a well performing employee send this employee for a good soft skill certification programme and conduct training with his/her help. It will also act as an job enrichment initiative.:)

From India, Bangalore
patelsajid99
Dear Swati,

I agree to the above responses.

As you would be aware that the trainings needs are identified via various sources i.e. training needs identified during Recruitment, Appraisal-TNI, Project kick off meets, strategic business needs, RBT-Role Based Training and sometimes the need is identified post-training incase re-training is to be done. Training person has to capture the training needs or identify the training gaps and fulfill those gaps via trainings within specified time. Monitoring is the major role of a training person. Trainings can be done internally or externally.... If we are doing trainings internally then trainings can be done by the SME-subject matter expert or internal trainer who has skills for the specified job.

There are various types of training i.e. technical, behavioral, Functional, process/Quality related, induction and generic trainings. Depending on the training team expertise and interest s/he can prepare the training modules and execute the same.

Following are the major activities of training team:-
1. Preparing tactical annual plan for training by meeting Top management and Group heads.
2. Tactical Plan will be broken further into quarterly or monthly plan and the calendar is prepared i.e. Training Calendar
3. Training Process is to be in place with all the required forms, templates and formats.
4. Announcing Training calendar. Post announcing calendar announce individual training program to seek nominations.
5. Invitation to be send to all the participants who suppose to attend the training.
6. Entire logistics to be arranged for the program i.e. Software installation etc etc.
7. Ensuring the smooth start of the program. Training coordinator to circulate the attendance sheet
8. If possible verbal feedback can be taken in breaks as everything is going on fine and take a corrective action.
9. Finally a formal feedback to be taken during the end of the session.
10. Feedback Analysis to be done.
11. Incase feedback come below a certain expectation then CAR- Causal Analysis for be done
11. Post training, 2 or 3 months down the line training effectiveness feedback has to be taken and based on the feedback Skills Matrix needs to be updated.

This is not the end… There are various mediums of training like : Classroom trainings, CBTs, WBTs, Webinars, workshops, Seminars, On the job training, mentoring, Coaching etc etc….

I hope the above points will help you and please feel free for any further clarification/s.

Regards

Sajid Patel

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.