No Tags Found!

Raj_at_CiteHR

Teacher: How do you spell FISH? Student: GHOTI. This answer by the student is correct. How can you justify this answer?
From India, Delhi
Raj_at_CiteHR

OK OK, I know this is tough... So here’s one hint: Create the word Ghoti. Pronounciations also matter. (Hint not good enough....????) Commmmmon guys... beat me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From India, Delhi
Raj_at_CiteHR

11 views so far... attempt - even if it goes wrong. Or ask for more hints... TRY TRY UNTIL YOU SUCCEED.
From India, Delhi
vijetashukla

Its damn tough......:confused:though i got the ready made ans but not understanding the explaination...........:(dnt knw lets see..if i can try but tough one RAJ:huh:
From India, Delhi
vijetashukla

ye ye ye ye ye........now i understood.....BTW thanks for introducing this....:icon1:
Ghoti is a constructed example used to illustrate irregularities in English spelling. It is a respelling of the word fish, and like fish is pronounced /ˈfɪʃ/. It has,
  • gh, pronounced [f] as in tough [tʌf];
  • o, pronounced [ɪ] as in women [ˈwɪmɪn]; and
  • ti, pronounced [ʃ] as in nation [ˈneɪʃən].

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.