No Tags Found!

nat3127
Hi,
Pls help me!! I have a Work ex of 2 yrs in HR. I left the work in June 2006 and am trying for 2007-09 MBA batch. This costs me a gap of 1 year.
Is that OK? Some one told me that this will create probs at every stage ahead.
I am 23 years old and BMS graduate. Should I take up a new job or a gap is fine??
Thanx n regards,
Natasha

From India, Thana
preetikriplani

Hey Natasha,
Natasha, i really dont think so tht it will harm u in long term , it completely depends on u , as to how u justify urselves. First , u ill have to make sure tht u clear ur entrance exams to enter in a real gud institute to finish ur MBA. and once u r passed out of a gud institute , placements are not a problem. Any if u r preparing for MBA entrance then may be u can continue ur job on part time basis or may be u can reduce the hrs of work, and adjust ur timings.
Thats wht i feel, doing an MBA will surely give u an edge over others, and i feel u shudnt think much, go for it, as afterwards u wud feel tht u have done a right thing...
Till Then TC
Preeti...

From India, Mumbai
archnahr

HI Natasha,
How's you?
Gap of one year is really not a problem. Learning opportunities comes for everybody and if you want to encash on that, great going.
If you continue working, you'll face more problems(high competition) in future as you are only a graduate and there are many masters in this field. So stop worrying and prepare for your MBA whole heartedly.
None of the companies ask you regarding a study break I can tell you as a recruiter myself.
MBA from a good institute is very important, do not go for any institute
which does not have good placements, once you are placed through Campus then there is no looking back.
Have a great day!!
Cheers
Archna

From India, Delhi
mehvish
hi natasha ,
well i am sorry 2 say that who ever put this into ur head that a one year gap wud cause u probs in the future is totally insane :shock: i suggest u get started wit ur entrance exam preprations so that u cud get in2 one of the best institues for MBA ...having done MBA myslf let me assure you that ur knowledge wud not go a waste. In another 2 yrs time u wud see a total transformation in ur personality cos of the course undertaken and further to add on let me mke one thng clear it really dosent mater how many years u hve lost down ur career life wat really maters is do u hve the drive in u 2 make thngs better 4 u .....if ur dedicated and committed to put ur heart and soul in 2 wat u wud be undertakin it will surely give u fruitful results.
i wish u the very best in what evr u do !
Regards
Mehvish

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.