No Tags Found!

Stanley2985

Hi
One employee of my company has completed 4yrs of service and unfortunately his death occured... My question is does he eligible for gratuity.....? As per the Gratuity Act he hasnt completed 5 yrs in the company... Kindly make me clear.
Thanks & Regards
Stanley:icon1:

From India, Vadodara
malikjs

Dear Stanley The individusal employee is eligible for four year gratuity.in case of death five years clause is not6 required.you can refer section 4 of payment of gratuity act. tks j s malik
From India, Delhi
Rajeev Verma

Dear Stanley,
The clause of 5 yrs is applicable only in case the separation is due to resignation, dismissal, termination but not in case of Death. In case of death he is illigible for the Gratuity, even if he has worked for 1 yrs.

From India, Delhi
suja_nm

Stanley, Every employee is entitled for Gratuity on completion of 5 years of service, except in the case of death or disablement. Pls refer to the Gratuity Act of 1972 for more details.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.