No Tags Found!

prakash Krishnan
Dear Sirs / Madam,
Pl do clarify me reg,if one employee worked for more than 5 years in a same company and he dies suddenly
how many years will they consider for gratuity calculation.
Can they calculate till their retirement age.
Regards
Prakash k

From India, Chennai
prakash Krishnan
Dear Sirs / Madam,
Pl do clarify me reg,if one employee worked for more than 5 years in a same company still working
and he dies suddenly at the age 33,how many years will they consider for gratuity calculation.
Can they calculate till their retirement age.
Regards
Prakash k

From India, Chennai
amit aishwary choudhary

Dear Prakash,
According to Section 4 in The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
Provided that the completion of continuous service of five years shall not be necessary where the termination of the employment of any employee is due to death or disablement.
Now in your case he has already completed his 5 years of service so he has already eligible for gratuity.
Please make a note that the time period of over 6 month or more is consider as 1 year i.e. the year of service rounded off the nearest integer.
For example- If you have completed the 5 year 7 month in the services, the length of service for gratuity calculation would be 6 years. Similarly, if you have completed the 5 year 5 month, the period for gratuity calculation would be 5 years.
Regards,
Amit

From India, Delhi
kshashikumar nair

If your gratuity scheme is managed by LIC, the deceased will be eligible for gratuity till his date of actual retirement.
From India, Mumbai
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Shashi Kumar nair, can you please Clarify your Satement "If your gratuity scheme is managed by LIC, the deceased will be eligible for gratuity till his date of actual retirement" Please give details of LIC Policy which gives Gratuity till 58 Years, eventhough Employee dies at the age of 33 Yeras for information & Implementation of all concerned.
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.