No Tags Found!

alpana nigam
Hi Amit
both go hand in hand . you cant just concentrate on needs based on hierarchy given by maslow!!
In an organisation basic needs can be provided only based on the contribution from individual
alpana :lol:

From Saudi Arabia, Jiddah
fahd
Dear All,
Attitude is the outcome of thoughts, first try to develop positive thinking approach in the support staff, give them direction and decision making on small issues than you will see how well they deliver and money matter will decrease obviously it cannot vanish......
Good Luck!
Regards
Fahd (Pakistan)

From Pakistan, Lahore
Bhavna Bhadka

Dear All,
I have gone through the discussions and I personally believe that the office boys are the first persons who come in the contact with the visitors and other third persons after the reception area. And they too need to have good ettiquetes and mannerisms as it will add to overall good image of the company as well as help them to grow. All may not be interested but you will help in growing one person.
Office Boys should be given trainings.
Bhavna

From India, Vadodara
vinodkumar

Imagine The day of HRIS audit/group presentation, and the office boy most acquainted with your requirement is on leave.

we go through all those things that makes us think of kicking him out. next day he gets lot more than expected.

now who needs softskills. we dont want our boss to do it with us.

we want office boys to respect guests, work hard & listen to every single word from us and lot more like us, we dont even think they are coping with a hundred moods and temperaments and that too with calm and fresh mind to some extent.

Can we do it having under gone number of training classes, somewhat difficult right?

well thatz because of lack of self awareness. chances are there that the soft skills trained office boy could become egoistic, some times over smart in our view. because we dont like juniors smarter than us this is not assumption but proven in field.

proven solution:- we should try to give them a better working conditions, wat we expect for us.

Thou we cannot expect an excellent work from them.

send a thought of the day or mail to all your employees to appreciate the timely and effective work of the office boys, do not threat them for mistakes. but make them aware of the consequences of the repetition.

Final touch:

be diplomatic.

Take care not to teach them diplomacy.....

From India,
sivaipm

Money is an issue, no doubt. But, they need to be taught the basics of personal hygiene, grooming, behaviour and communication with other staff etc. This is a must.
You may not approve of one office boy with Tobacco/ Goa in his mouth, kept his shirt button open, wearing a pant which is very dirty and discoloured due to the muck in the lower portionof his pant and talking to you.
Training is a must as they are brought up in localities where these are considered fashionable. Some people may not be able to adjust and may leave on their own. Pay better salary for others who have changed.
Thanks
Shiv.

From India, Mumbai
Nisha Bhatt
Hi All,
I do agree with Sari. I think Money is the only motivator for them. But soft skills training is inevitable for the MNC's especially as there are clients who looks the every minute things when they enter into a business. And when they visit your office, they do look into the office employees ettiquettes as well while deciding your office to their business location. And i think office boys would be the first to serve them, and then our employees. So it is necessary but i agree it should not be in a informal way.
Regards,
Nisha

PVQ

One of the mandates in HR is Development. Every one within the organisation should be included in this. Today's office boy may just be your boss tomorrow, bear that in mind when marginalising /compartmentalising staff. Investing in Human Capital should be the number 1 criteria of the company.
Go for it ! Kashmire.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
amitkashmire@yahoo.co.in

Got it PVQ, Just read the post again, I am not against their training but I just favour to address their basic needs and then development needs... What you say
From India, Indore
VEENA THAPPETA

I agree with amit, giving training on softskills won't work out with officeboys, there main intention is to earn money, we can train them regarding their related works, for example how to greet employees, we can teach him office etiquttes which suits to his profiles.
Cheers
Veena

From India, Hyderabad
parulmakkar

A Lot has been taken care of in the loop..

All what one can draw out is: Keeping in mind all ur Maslow's and technical fundas, money has to be kept in mind while dealing with Office boys. Still, point is proven that Office boys can no way be ignored as a part of our org team, thus, if all are getting their salaries, all should get their share of training as well.

We, in HR, have to understand the human mind. If English cant speak in hindi, let us learn english. One of the ladies in the loop provided a tremendous solution, starting by providing 'informal training' to such employees, so that they can learn the things without even 'wasting' their important time on formal trainings. Once u can explain to them the imprtnce of all such behaviral trainigs and let them understand that this will help them getting better money making jobs (may be here, or somewher else), they can show their interest(may be a little bit, to start with). But i think thats more than enuff for them..

Cheers!!

Parul

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.