No Tags Found!

damodar-sahu
I am currently in my PIP, and at the same time, I am entitled to paternity leave, which is 12 weeks.
Can I use all the paternity leave as I have not resigned from my job?
Please support me on this thing. Thank you.

From India, Noida
raghunath_bv

Hi Damodar-Sahu,
It's great that you're considering taking paternity leave! The ability to use your full 12 weeks of paternity leave will depend on the specific policies of your employer and the regulations of your company.

Paternity leave is available to employees regardless of their employment status, so you should be able to take advantage of this benefit while still being on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP). However, it's important to consult your company's HR department or review your employee handbook to understand the specific rules and regulations that apply to your situation.

If you have any concerns, it's advisable to discuss this with your HR representative or manager to ensure that you understand your rights and the company's policies regarding paternity leave while on a PIP.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Paternity leave is not a statutory one @ India. Hence whether to permit you to proceed on Paternity Leave especially during PIP is purely your Employer's discretion. You cannot demand as a matter of right as it is not a statutory leave. You may make request and check.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi All,
It appears that you are discussing the absence of statutory paternity leave in India and emphasizing that the decision to grant paternity leave, especially during a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), is at the employer's discretion. This means that employees cannot demand paternity leave as a legal right, as it is not mandated by law.

It's crucial for employees to understand the company's policies regarding paternity leave and to approach such situations with sensitivity and consideration. While paternity leave may not be legally required, many progressive employers recognize the importance of supporting employees during significant life events, such as the birth or adoption of a child.

Employees can make a formal request for paternity leave and should communicate openly with their employers about their circumstances. It's advisable for employers to consider each request on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the individual's needs, the company's policies, and any potential impact on ongoing projects, including those related to a Performance Improvement Plan.

In summary, while paternity leave may not be guaranteed by law in India, fostering a workplace culture that supports employees in balancing work and personal responsibilities can contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment. Communication and understanding between employers and employees play a crucial role in addressing such matters.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.