View Poll Results: Should companies have 3 months Notice period ?
YES, it is required to safeguard company 0 0%
NO, its a burden to employees 5 62.50%
it should be flexible, nobody actually serves the full notice period 1 12.50%
depends on Company business 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Vandanataal
Hi Team,
Need to know your opinion related to Notice period, there are 3 specific question I need to understand about:
1. I need to know the pro's and con's of having 3 month notice period in an organization.
2. And how to know about which type of organization should have how much time of Notice period.
3. What are the best ways(reasons and explanations) to convey the employees about change in notice period and to handle the queries raised after the change.
Plz elaborate by giving some companies examples.
Regards,
Vandana
(hr.vandana@yahoo.com)

From India, Bangalore
e4e78af83707a9dcc9b1442b0

hi notice period can extend from a few days to months to the maximum which i have seen till date. See Most of it depends on you and the management as to whether you want to continue with someones service or not. One month is usually preferred so as to complete the take over process of the leaving employee. If an employee is not performing, he or she is usually given a notice period of Max- 15 days to 1 month. The main concept is to go ahead with the company policy. that too there is no hard and fast rule until unless you are putting it on papers for compliance.
Example- G4S Security Service
If you are decreasing the notice period, the best way is to politely inform him of the changes personally or through a mail. Make it sure that the employee is paid the notice periods salary even if there has been a change in your program. At times employees are flexible or otherwise its difficult.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.