No Tags Found!

lef
Dear Mr.Dash, Develop documents of warning letters against her, according to the company bye-laws.Then present to the senior admin board.The action has to come from them. Thanks, Lef
From Oman, Muscat
tsk.raman

Are you from the Unionized cadre or do you belong to another Union in your organization. The question is because organizations have the Worker's Union also known as the Mazdhoor Union and the Officer's Association (which though not called a union takes up issues with the management just like Unions do). If yes then the dimensions of this case changes accordingly.
From India, Hyderabad
nashbramhall

Dear Dash, I have tried to combine your two posts into one, to save people from commenting without grasping the whole situation.

"Sir,

I am faced with the following problem; I will be much obliged if someone could please suggest how to solve it.

We have a sweeper (Female) working in our company. She is the widow of an employee who expired on duty and the management have given her employment permanently (necessary orders issued). She cannot be sacked.The duties assigned to her is from 9AM to 1130AM. She is supposed to come, clean the premises including sweeping and dusting of tables etc.

She often comes late, that too after executives arrive. So either the cleaning work is not done, or is done partially, though she is paid full salary every month. She has 100% support from the worker's Union (I have heard that she may be related to the Workers’ Union Secretary). Now she has started misbehaving with other staff when she is asked to do work, for which she is employed. We cannot terminate her service, as she is a permanent staff of our payroll. As she is illiterate, it is very difficult to handle (Give written warning, etc.)

As the vacancy is occupied by her, we cannot employ anybody. Sometimes we have to hire a casual worker to clean the premises, and I conceal the wages paid as some office expenses. But this cannot continue for long.We have tried to transfer her to our other office, but the Union strongly opposes it and threatens.

I have discussed the issue with my boss in detail; he keeps quiet in the union meeting regarding the issue. He says "You are the HR Manager (Male)" and wants me to come up with practical solution. "

attribution https://www.citehr.com/private.php?d...#ixzz2XxWwj1d9

From United Kingdom
nashbramhall

Dear Das,
Could you please say whether the sweeper is getting paid for 2.5 hours/day or for 8 hours per day for working 2.5 hours?
May we kindly know how large is your organization and where it is located. More the information you give at the outset, more precise will bloggers' responses will be and also it saves people making assumptions.

From United Kingdom
sitansurath

Built all related records & evidence for her late coming along with her other misconduct so that you can prove in future. At the last stage give her a final notice due to her negligence company force to spend money and deploy a hiring agency to do that jobs. Take final action by conducting the domestic inquiry , try to prove her guilty in the inquiry & take final action.
Sitansu Sekhar Rath
OPGC Ltd,
Bhuaneswar.

From India, Delhi
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

I am not from a Union based company hence I may not be able to guide you properly but would like to know few things from you
1) Whether the sweeper is a part time employee as you mentioned as the timing is 3 hours
2) Can you eradicate the post and outsource the cleaning to some contractor or housekeeping services
3) Can you change the timing from morning to evening when the staff moves out of the office i.e. 1900 hrs to 2100 hrs.

From India, Ahmadabad
loginmiraclelogistics

Friends,
Almost things are clear what exactly the problem and what is possible and what is not possible. My friend has the boss who has no guts to raise this issue at a meeting with the union and ask our friend to bell the cat braving the consequences. Now it is left to Mr.Dash what to do and how to do. A tricky situation. A clever Dash should do whatever possible in the name of his boss. And whatever comes in the process involve the boss also. So that approval or disapproval for any action or no action will be with the blessings of the boss.
Some suggested to take union reps. into confidence. It is ever and never possible to believe a union fellow for any action against the employee, a member of the union. So unless Mr.Dash is prepared for the worst to happen it is not easy to tackle this case. It is all the more difficult for sterner action as she is illiterate and union is by her side. Decision is yours Mr.Dash.

From India, Bangalore
trish143
hello mr dash.
Firstly you should convey the sweeper that . She has to cme on time and give chance. After that if she still come late you should go to the unioun leader and talk in this matter politly and tell the unioun leader that the mistake is not frm managment side the mistake is frm sweper side. She will nt cme on time . And its ok that managment nt transfr to other office but she still come on time.

From India, Delhi
nashbramhall

Sorry all, While summarizing the case in my above post, I forgot to include the following statement from Mr. Das. "I have counselled her with others without any success."
From United Kingdom
nashbramhall

Dear Das,
When you can't sack her due to the circumstances in which she was employed, and the backing she has from the union, any investigation and issuing warning letters is a non-starter (This is my view as a lay person). You will be wasting time and money. You know all the facts and are in a better position than all the other contributors to this thread, as you have not answered some of the questions raised. We all can only assume (ASS U ME) things. My tutor, when I took a management skills course, had told us that" When you ASSUME, and the assumption is wrong, you make an ASS out of U and ME" That's why I try to desist from giving advice based on limited information.
I hope you will kindly tell us all, when you solve the case, how you solved it..

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.