View Poll Results: Should I resign with backdated effect or I should fight it back?
Yes,resign and move on. 34 31.78%
Dont resign with backdated effect. 43 40.19%
Maybe, you should ask them to give you a chance to work. 18 16.82%
Fight it back saying I am not resigning. 15 14.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

million_dazzles
sign on the resignation letter n move the situation is not that bad that u wont get any job, u'l get better n get wat is written in ur fate n uiam sure its gonna be great. DONOT signh the back dated resignation at any cost u never know wat they might say ahead to the other company . As far as fightin is concerned its not gonna help after readin ur post as wat i understand , cajole ur rm into not signin a bakdated resignation beyond that i dotn think anyhtin mre can be done, tel him that u r ready to resign but not on a bakdated 1 n its for benefits for both ... dotn worry u'l get ample opportunities just dive in the sea u'l swin the shore 4 sure...
From India, New Delhi
nimish1981

Hi Snehlata,
Do not submit your backdated resignation.
You resign as per the policy i.e by giving notice period. In that notice period search for another job. I guess normally One Month is the notice period to be given. One months time period is quite sufficient for you to grab a new assignment.
Convinced your boss that, I am resigning by giving you the notice period.
You should leave current organisation as your career will be spoiled.
Regards,
Nimish joshi

From India, Mumbai
sudheermkavi
Hello friend,
There are excellent feedbacks given by the forum. The best from Priya and T.Sivakaran.
Please follow them.
Also note that there is no way you can fight with a company and get your dew rewards / job. Its better to resign in a proper manner and try for some good job elsewhere.
Its easy to pick up a fight and spoil your name. Its very difficult to gain a good name.
Think over....All the best
Kavi

From India, Bangalore
Vyakhya

Dear Snehlatha,
As other respective members have advised you , I also feel it will wise to resign .You can fight and take action but than it will take lot of time and money that might come out to be futile later.
You can learn from such kind of experiences and analyse what went wrong and just move on , may be the company is not worth you .
So cheer up and take a stand :)
Regds,
Vyakhya

From India, Bangalore
PA

Dear Snehalath,
I feel its better to resign and move out of such a palce where your RM is not being fair to you. If they are intentionally doing this, then theres no point in explaining your feelings/emotions to them. I have gone through similar phase, luckily i quit before it could go to this level. My Supervisor used to treat every one like piece of shit, had no respect for anyone. I quit without any other job in hand. It was the most depressing period in my life. After you give your resignation, speak to your senior managers just to clarify and clear your name in case you think you were right in reacting like that to your RM. Just believe in one thing what goes around comes around. It will def affect your RM sooner or later. Nothing is worth to spoil your health and self respect.
Take care,
PA

From India, Bangalore
samswati
Hi Snehlata,

I think , if its them who want you to leave then you should leave on your terms not theirs. Tell them they should pay you in advance for the notice period. Give you a relieving letter and favourable recommendation letter which will help you in finding another job.

Please do mention in yur resignation that you have been asked to leave. Do not give them a backdated letter coz they are trying not to pay you in lieu of the notice period. If they refuse to accept a current resignation letter, you can ask them to terminate your services. Termination as you well know is a very expensive proposition for the company. So in all probability they will comply with your demands.

Make sure that you make an impression that you are not going to take this lying down and that you will fight back if required.

A simple resignation will weaken your situation and your employers may adjust all your dues against notice pay and pay you nothing.
During the recession it is important that you protect yourself financially for the next two to three months.

Take care,

All the best,

Swati

From India, Delhi
Core HR

Hi Snehalatha
Where ever you go you may need to face these sort of problems from your immediate manager unless the person has good ethics.
1) Don't put the back dated resignation
2) fight for your notice pay
Its better to look after for a new job, you should also assess the situation because you need to have a good picture in your present company so that in future if any reference check goes to your present company they should not give a wrong feedback
Some times Managers will be insecured when the team member is seems to be genuine and talented also.
Ravin
Recruitment Lead
So Keep this all in your mind and proceed accordingly which really helps to your future career

From India, Hyderabad
bactro
Hi, This is great on your part. I request you to go thru my suggestion as well and lemme know what u feel about it. Thanks and all the very best to you for your future endevours, Manish (Bactro)
From India, Sirsa
lunajha
Hi,
I was in a similar situation and have put down the paper.
Put down the paper but not on back date and if they want u to resign then they should pay u a month salary.
Check your employee handbook i am sure they must have a notice period and in case of termination they have to give the salary for 1 month and yes they should issue you relieving letter for a month later.

From United States, Santa Monica
kopalagarwal
Dear Snehalata,
I think it dosen't make any sense to work there any more. It cannot harpen your skills as your boss will not let you take any initiative neither will he trust or appreciate the work done by you.
I would suggest you to resign and ask them to let you serve the notice period, in case they dosent let you do so just leave at once.
Regards
Kopal.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.