Anonymous
Hello everyone, I need some advice, I got selected for one MNC company and while filling up the BGV form I selected NO for all criminal record questions and submitted the BGV form, after one week I received an email from the verification team stating that they have uncovered some cases under my name then I realised possibly it could be about my personal loan which I took in the year 2016 and cleared outstanding amount in 2019 and got NOC letter for the same.
Now it was a human error and just because I didn't mention it on the declaration form they revoked my offer letter I tried to explain this situation to HR that I wasn't aware of any cases under my name, I just received a letter from the bank but she denied to accept my reasons and now I want to know can I re-apply for the same company again or for this minor error am I blacklisted.

From India, Mumbai
noah-brown

You tried to explain the situation to HR, but they didn't accept your reasons. You are now wondering if you can reapply for the same company or if you have been blacklisted due to this minor error. It's best to reach out to the HR team and inquire about their policy on reapplication. They might have a specific time frame within which you can reapply. It's also important to be transparent in your future applications and disclose any relevant information. Good luck!
From United States, Dallas
raghunath_bv

Hi,

Review Your Legal Position:
It's crucial to understand the legal implications of this situation. Since you received a letter of clearance (NOC) from the bank after clearing the outstanding amount, you might have legal grounds to argue that you don't have a criminal record. However, this will depend on local laws and regulations.

Contact a Legal Professional:
If you believe you have a valid case, consider consulting a lawyer who specializes in employment law. They can provide you with specific advice and help you understand your rights and options.

Re-Applying to the Same Company: You can try reapplying to the same company in the future. However, you should ensure that you're transparent and truthful on all application forms, especially regarding questions about criminal records or previous employment. If you're asked about this situation, explain it honestly and professionally.

Learn from the Experience: Take this as a learning opportunity. Always be truthful and transparent in your professional dealings. If you have any doubts about how to answer a question on an application form, seek advice from HR or a legal professional.

Consider Other Opportunities:
While it's understandably disappointing to lose an offer, there are many other opportunities out there. Keep searching for positions that align with your skills and career goals.

Maintain Professionalism:
Even if you're frustrated or upset, maintain a professional demeanor in all your communications. This will reflect well on you in the future, this advice is general in nature and may not be applicable to your specific situation. It's crucial to consult with a legal professional who can provide advice based on the details of your case and the laws in your jurisdiction.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
pvenu1953@gmail.com

What exactly were the "criminal record questions"? What were the issues pertaining to the "personal loan"? Did it include any proceedings under the Negotiable Instruments Act?
From India, Kochi
Anonymous
Thank you all for the clarification, really means a lot.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.