venhadesh

Hi,
I am venhadesh. Working for Manufacturing sector. As per our management decision i should allot only 2 days leave. I am little bit confused that Mr.Malik has said that PL should be 1 in 20. so yearly it comes around 15 days. I have only 9 days remaining how can i split those for SL and CL.
Should i change every thing kindly clarify my doubt. Pls reply immediately.

From India, Madras
R.N.Khola

Dear Venhadesh.R,
You are advised to go through chapter VIII of The Factories Act, 1948 for grant of leave with wages & for grant of the Casual & Sick leaves you may go through your State Industrial Establishment ( National & Festival and Casual & Sick Leaves ) Act.
Regards,
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
Madhu.T.K

Your question is not clear. Still, I may attempt to answer it.
As per Factories Act, you are eligible to get one day for every 20 days worked in the previous year. There is no SL or CL but only this annual leave with wages or simply Earned Leave/Privilege Leave. The leave as per Factories Act has all the characteristics of Earned leave (as it can be encashed if not availed) as well as Casual Leave (as the holiday(s) intervening two leaves is/are not counted as leave). As such there is no bifurcation of leave as to CL and SL.
However, nothing is against giving better leaves to employees.
Regards,
Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.