S Sharma
Hi, I meet with an accident while commuting in office cab a couple days back. I informed my lead the same day, and went to see a doctor next day. I had severe pain in my shoulder, and was informed of ligament tear. I spoke to the management, and they first resisted to believe that my ligament tore as the driver stated that it was a minor accident. I explained that I was asleep, and my shoulder was directly hit by the seat in front. I was advised a week's rest, and informed the same to the management. I went to see the doctor to confirm if I can start going to office, and was advised for bed rest for 2 weeks. I informed my lead regarding this, and he asked me if I can work from home. With a lot of hesitance, I said yes as I'm a new employee, and was missing in the training.

Also as I have no leaves in my kitty, the leaves will be deducted from my pay. At a point, I felt that my lead and manager were threatening to start working from office or there would be repercussions (do not have this in written). My manager also confirmed that there are no compensation for medical bills as the medical I get only include hospitalization. In this scenario, is there any given way wherein I get some compensation?

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear S Sharma,

What has happened to you is unfortunate. Due to the accidents, the injured person has to pass through trauma. Consider this as a setback. Everyone gets some sort of setback.

Your problem is compounded because you had joined the employment newly. Since you are a fresh employee, you did not have sufficient leave to tide over the bad events. Additionally, it takes time for a new employee to establish his/her credibility. Credibility helps gain the trust of the seniors.

Your query is on medical compensation. Please check with HR on the provisions of the insurance policy. At the end of your post you have written "My manager also confirmed that there are no compensation for medical bills as the medical I get only include hospitalization." This is true. Even if you had taken personal medical insurance, the insurance coverage would be for the hospitalisation. When an insured person gets hospitalised at least for a day, the pre and post-hospitalisation expenses are covered.

Anyway, take care of your health. Take sufficient rest and undergo physiotherapy sessions or any other treatment suggested by the doctors. While worrying about employment, you also need to ensure that the physiological impairment does not turn into a long-term handicap.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.