JPT

Please go back to your mgt books- how many types of appraisals are there! You will get the answer there.
From India, Hyderabad
muralichettu

Dear Nithya,
Don't take it seriously, as Asha suggested let the Team to implement it and if you have some clarifications speak to your boss frankly.
Regards,
Murali Nagarajan,
Executive - HR,
i-Net Solution,
Professional Website Graphic Design | Web Development Company Chennai, PHP Web Development & Web Application | Software Development Company

From India, Madras
kumarmohana
Nitya
Not to worry about this..You can talk to your senior colleague and i hate using this word boss....that you wanted to get involved in performance appraisal and if he has done on his own would it be ok you can ask him to let you know how that was done...if he ignores it then it is better to keep quiet...The reason will be purely on the basis of your MD's advice it today difficult market conditions..They may not want to involve too many people for PA..Regards Narayan

From India, Madras
V K Malhotra
I appreciate that you are unnecessarily worrying too much about it. Give the life a little more space. Be patient and allow the things to take shape with passage of time. If you consider your boss the way you stated, then this question by you is pre-mature. He must be having good reason to do what he did. As far as you are concerned, be a loyal and diligent worker and see if you are suitably incorporated at the next appraisal. Avoid taking things to heart so early in career. God bless. Enjoy yourself.
From India, Mumbai
Dawood Qaseem
Well, usually this happens when the boss has bias with in him/ herself and is affraid of facing the team. The other scenario when this happens is when the budget awarded by the management is very low, your boss tries to avoid facing his team. however one aspect (that you might not like) is that the boss does not think you to be capable of doing appraisals.
From Pakistan, Lahore
soordass
the whole year your boss/superior/sir has the right to roger you left,right and center - asked you to work late, be demanding on targets weekly/monthly/quarterly.....but appraisal is the getback time for you . To tell him what all you have accomplished and the reason you should be given Tier-1 and not as per his/her fancy. Tell me if you are not allowed to say anything in the defence of the rating he has given ..is it right ?? don;t you think the whole year why whole year (even 6 months -once you were confirmed) to get the due of the sweat, pressure, sacrifice that you have made to get the wok done.
APPRAISAL IS ONE DAY IN THE ENTIRE YEAR OF YOURS TO GET BACK TO YOUR BOSS :-)
and doing it without discussing and giving rating as your boss's fancy ???...god knows what type of Boss he is...

From India, New Delhi
ruchkapoor

Dear Nitya,
Either this is your first year or more, it doesn't matter, your boss should include you in the process of performnace appraisal. It is very important to have his feedback about your performance so that you would know whether you are heading in the right direction or not, what are the areas of improvement? etc.
As you have indicated that your boss is very professional person, you should fixup a meeting with him and discuss the same.
Thanks,
Ruchi

From Qatar
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi nithya,

hope things are sorted out and you must have had a discussion with your boss. if it's done and dusted, please share your feedback - mainly your boss' assessment and why he want ahead with the appraisal without taking you into consideration. asking this as we can get an insight into how top management works (apologise if you feel its too personal).

in one of our earlier organisations, the senior HR guy stepped in to handle the appraisal - there were quite a few belligerent guys and he felt his subordinate (someone similar to your position) would not be in a position to handle these guys. also he had his own observations to make. for someone who is in the first year as Asst HR manager, taking on boisterous people would not be welcome. sometimes a tough and no-nonsense guy is needed to tackle such situations.

I do recall in one of our appraisals, we as a team of 16 guys felt aggrieved and we sought a meeting with our immediate superior and his boss. lot of things came up which changed the whole scenario - our entire lot was overlooked for promotion (we had shifted our base) and the freshers in the location were considered. management gave us this explanation - since we have re-located to a new place and as we are working out from their place, it would be ideal if we promoted a couple of their guys. the freshers would feel there was a career for them and the company recognised their performance. though we did not accept it in toto, we understood their viewpoint and grudgingly gave in.

we did seek a pound of flesh for the next round of promotion for our guys - with test on the current work for eligible candidates from both sides. the ones who came up knowledge wise as well as leadership skill wise were given the promotion. this became fair because the domain was new to both sides, rather than past experience where we were runaway winners.

From India, Madras
mohammed1
Dear Nitya,
Being a Asst Manager you have to be involve in Appraisal Process.Because u will also the part of the Dept.I think u r boss is ignoring ur self or he don't want to take into that part.Any ways how is ur boss at work place with you. This is your first year or more, it doesn't matter, your boss should take into the loop you in the process of performnace appraisal.Pls conform the perform abt ur self.It is very important to have his feedback about your performance.Be in a professional way with him.My View is to u
<< BE Professional with him>>
Thanks,
Mohammed.
HR Asst MGR

From India, Hyderabad
payroll.pv

Hi nithya,
I am krishan Singh Bains from Mosebaer india Ltd - HR . As you say your boss is a professional then i am sure He will deffienately discuss to you regarding your good thing and bad things towards for the work. You see only when you get your appraisal letter .
He did not ask you anything to you because He is confident about you attitude to words for work.
Hari Krishan Bains

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.