No Tags Found!

mnj.tiwari

I can add one ppt and think its helping in clearing doubts regarding interviews Hope you all like it Regards
From India, Gurgaon
Sunil Gaur
Dear All,
One smart person, by adopting negative approach, worked as a catalist in inducing the chain reaction from all of us. He is the one who channelized our thought process by hitting our ego resulting in such a discussion. I have seen his shared documents and I'm very sure that he is not a fool to comment in such a way without any reason, thanx to him.
Thanx to all for your contribution

From India, Gurgaon
mnj.tiwari

Sorry here it is
From India, Gurgaon
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc HR Interview Etiquettes.doc (24.0 KB, 135 views)
File Type: ppt interview_skills[1].ppt (2.05 MB, 116 views)

kkvanajha
Hi... Hope this document is relevent to this discussion. regards vanaja
From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc interviews tips.doc (107.5 KB, 98 views)

anoop_s
have ever gone for a railway journy alone
when no friend is with u?
hevent u?
what u do when u r alone??????????????
u start talking with ur fello pesengers?
isn't it
how u start ur talk?
do u ever start with question like
"what do u think abt life"
or
"what do think abt politics?"
or
what do u think abt obama?
obviously u don't start with such questions?
and how will u responce if someone start like this with u?
we often start talking with a simple question.
"where r u going?"
same with d interviews
this question is best way to start interview.
in a interview, interviewee interviewer both r strengers
so this give a chance to both to become comfortable..................
but u know wat the problem with this question?
most of answers r same ,there may be some subsitute for this question.

From India, Pune
Himanshu Banswar
Thank God that there are few intellectual members like Ash Mathew in Cite Hr who have understanding and knowledge of HR.... or else members like…. need not to mention the name... who just feel HR is agent.... I really feel sad on their understanding about HR... the only thing is that they are not from HR... or they have never been a part of interview panel member.....

HR is playing a very major role in accomplishment of Organizations Mission.

Now coming to the question <Tell me about yourself?>

This question is asked by HR n even by Technical member to open up the discussion..... I feel if we are not going to ask informal ques... n make him <applicant>comfortable... there are chances we may lose a deserving candidate....

n 2ndly if person cant speak about himself for….. how he can do the justification with his assignments....

It has been observed that applicants mention n number of things in CV but actually they don’t have the exposure n when we probe them they are out of words….

From India, Mumbai
anurag.daley

dear prashant ji,
It is too hard to answer dis very simple Q
Cozzz interviewer jstifying your personality through dat kind of question
Psychologicaly these question identifying your ability to work nd your maturities.
You can make it easy to add your experience nd your achievements they have groom your answer.

From India, Bhopal
AndrewNoel

Debate is good. To determine whether it is an appropriate question to ask in an interview we need to understand the purpose of the interview. An interview is used to assess whether the candidate is the right fit for the open position. In order to do this we need to access a few areas.
1) Does the candidate have the skills and abilities to do the work?
2) Will the candidate fit in with the culture of the organization?
3) Is the candidate at the right level for the position? i.e. not under qualified not over qualified
4) History of the candidate. The past is the best predictor of the future.

In order to get a good understanding of the candidate, it is important to build rapport.

Now, for the question, "Tell me about yourself?", what purpose does it serve?

It does a couple of things. It helps to start the conversation with the candidate, it builds rapport and it helps to validate the information on the resume. Validating information on the resume is crucial to good recruiting. Resume's are sales tools filled with fact and fiction and a competant interviewer is tasked with the responsibility to get to the facts.

So Ravi, I have to disagree with you. "Tell me about yourself?" is a valid interviewing question that builds rapport as well as helps to validate information from the resume.

From Canada, London
venkat.nagam

I agree with ash mathew, some candidates will not tell what they are mention in their resume. and also HR will also be observe the way of talking, and eye contact etc., cheers, venkat.
From India, Hyderabad
rendezvous123
hi this can be a good question even if hr has read the cv . just to start the interview and make the candidate comfortable this question can be a great help. and this is the question where u can lead the interview. so in the answer of this question give a mention of those fields in which u r really good so that may be next question to u may be about that thing
From India, Bharat
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.