shyamali

Hi,

I have read all the posts.

Kudos to you all.

Here is another perspective I would like to add to the knowledge pool that you have created.

1. The first question I want to ask you?

Why did you want to leave the previous organization at all? Why were you looking out for a new job?

2. Are you disrupting the internal equities?:-

Companies usually try to attain and maintain a salary parity for different levels in the organization. Is your raise out of the ordinary(not commensurate to your designation in the organization hierarchy)? If the answer is no,Then certainly I cannot afford you. You will be phased out surely and over a period of time.

3. Responsibility sans Authority:-

There is something you need to ask yourself. Have you been asked to join because they need a scapegoat and you happened to come along? Will you be given any real responsibility(ies) and commensurate authority? Or will you become the scapegoat who has to be bear the brunt of it all?

4. Career Growth:-

This is a decisive factor. What are your career aspirations? Who/What do you want to become? All of us have gone through classroom sessions.

Question:- What sets you apart from the rest?

Answer:- Hands down experience, skill, Knowledge. I am writing this in the reverse order because as you grow up the ladder it is still the deemed important in that order. However my personal choice would be Skill, Knowledge and inexperience.

5. Industry growth:-

Are you making a switch from one sector to another may be thats your favoured sector/the place you dream' t of? What are the growth prospects of the industry in say 3,5,10 years hence? If the industry is not doing well, how will they pay me? Don't think from one month to a year(Salary changes /rises/etc take time. They need prior approval from the management. )

6. Your Qualification and ability to learn new things:-

I have reasons to put this here(Most HR professionals will be shocked.) I know of organizations where graduates from any stream join the HR department, without any formal training. Are you one of them? Do remember that you would need to learn newer things about HR. You should not see HR from a microscopic view. Take up some evening classes on HR.

Remember:-
Confidence to handle newer assignments stems from knowledge and experience.

7. A case of overdue appreciation?:-

It has taken them this long to understand your merits. Only when someone else appreciated you, did they realize your worth. But, I am not convinced that really appreciate the true you(your intrinsic worth). You must be a stop gap arrangement of some sort(especially coz it is the year end).

8. Dignified Presence and Exit:-

Live/work and exit in a dignified way. When they made the offer they needed you. Once you accept it, somehow they don't. This is the paradox my friend. Accept it.

Once you have decided to exit, exit gracefully. You must leave, because after whatever has happened and you choose to stay back, people are always going to remember you as the "indecisive one", "the skipper", "the boat jumper". Once again, you will be phased out.

VERDICT:-
1. Leave for better prospects with dignity(if it is inline with your vision.). 2. Upgrade yourself. 3. Perform

Regards,

Shyamali

From India, Nasik
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.