No Tags Found!

amit.chaudhari5
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working in HR from past 4 years.

Changing job in HR is very difficult.HR people call for interview and give various excuses after interview, as follows.

1. Your profile is suitable for Corporate HR and this profile is for IR.(Then Why this resume these people shortlist and call candidate for interview)

2. You don't meet our criteria.(The criteria is not specified and doesn't specify afterward also)

3. Some HR people keep you waiting for hours and after interview they don't care to give feedback

4.Many HR people ask something which is not known to candidate and if cadidate try to answer then says don't bluff. ( now if candidate doesn't answer the question then they say he doesn't know that particular thing and rejects him).

Most HR people prefer girls than boys in HR for recruitment.

Whenever any cost cutting is to be done first dept from where it starts is HR.

Other employees says HR department is of no use..they always relaxing even though the situation is different.

I am feeling strange about this profession. Please help me how to deal with it.

Thanks & Regards.

From India, Mumbai
Ankita1001

You need to first understand and realize if this answer was given to you by a recruiting officer of a company or by a recruiting consultant working in a consultancy. There are consultancies who appoint people from non-HR background who do not have major understanding of job description and hence cannot understand alignment. My advice is to first get information from your consultant about detailed job requirement that he/she has obtained from the company. You yourself compare if you have anything to contribute to the profile or is your CV/skills matching to it. When you do not find it common, you yourself can in polite way tell that the profile is way different from what you currently do and explain what you do. This would help him/her source better for you. :-)

Again as said above if a recruiting officer of the recruiting company is telling you that you don't meet criteria, he/she would have the reasons for saying so and would surely share if you ask. However, the reasons are not told to recruiters. Understand what happens -

A company gives a consultancy a vacancy to fill. A consultant posts job or sources CV from portals and calls you and confirms your approval to forward your CV. When she forwards the CV, the recruitment officer of the company might have rejected your CV based on you meeting criteria or desired profile. However, while communicating back, they just tell the consultant whether or not you are shortlisted for further rounds, they don't give them any reasons. So how do you expect the consultant to give you the reason back. Ofcourse they can't say they don't know so either they switch the topic or would say we can't disclose.

Be it a recruitment officer of a company or a consultant agent. There are number of profiles soaring in. There are number of candidates they speak to. There are numeral tasks they are assigned to. In that if incase they do not respond back by the promised day/time you can call the person the next day and enquire about your status. How does it harm. It would only make you clearer about your next Plan of Action, right?

Asking you questions to understand how much knowledge you have on a particular subject is a task of HR or a person who is conducting your interview. If the person has asked you a question of which you do not have knowledge, and if you are bluffing something, expect the same reaction. Anyone would say that whatever you've said is wrong. More so appreciate that habit of HRs as it would make you realize you were wrong on that topic and you can brush that up before you go for your next interview, else you would end up giving wrong answers everywhere. Right?

Also if you do not have any idea on an answer, you can politely confess so. If it was a part of your curriculum, still you can say that although it was a part of study process, you are unsure if you have clear idea on same. Trust me it is appreciated that you can consider and accept the fact that you lack info rather than beating around the bush and getting nowhere. It takes real guts to say, "I don't know this" and if you could say that, and can convince that you can however learn on the go, that would really impress.

Though a major of HR Professionals or people in HR industry are females, what you state is not always true. There are many job listed which says Only male candidates allowed even for HR profiles. If the profile involves lots of journeying and needs better commitment.

Also understand that HR is a soft skill, you need to be empathizing with employees as well as implementing corporate rules. More-so when it comes to sharing problem, people are more comfortable doing so with females. It becomes a little difficult and odd to cry in front of a male colleague. May be because of that.

For the first time I heard someone accepting so coz people think HR are not affected when company plans to downsize.

See though HR has improved considerably, still most organization view it as cost center over profit center and hence HR becomes a target. When downsizing, a company would reduce the size where they think they can save money by getting reduced team size and yet not getting the performance of company get affected.

Whatever different people have to say about HR is based on their experience. My classmates in HR class used to say this, "I took up HR because I always saw HR people enjoying lives while all the other of us would toil like anything. But now I feel I was better with my previous job than doing HR."

The grass is always greener on the other side of the field.

What do you want to deal with is unclear so I can't answer your this query.

Hopefully I answered all you queries and cleared your doubts

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.