No Tags Found!

gharikumar
Such cases, if occurring frequently can be referred to your company’s medical board (if one exist) or to Govt. Medical colleges for confirmation.
From India, Mumbai
gaggan_sahni

I am really surprised that how can you say that they are coming up with the Certificates of Maternity. Firstly Maternity cannot be granted in the initial days of conception. Maternity leaves can only be claimed either 6 weeks before the deliver and 6 weeks after the delivery as per rule. Now Leaves related to abortion. If you have any doubts, does your organisation has some tie up with some hospitals or doctors, if yes kindly ask the lady to do the company provided doctor or hospital and get the same vetted from her. or else make an inquiry into the incident and contact and consult the doctor from where she has produced the certificate. Hope it clarifies
From United Kingdom
sridharmani85

Normally, the Pregnancy women will take the scan test if they feel symptoms initially. If the employee ask for maternity leave you have to ask the medical report else do cross check with their husband/ friends/ relatives only.You can also ask the medical certificate[scan report] which is attested by doctor
From India, Madras
jsnadar

Hi Sonal,
Let's be specific in this case of this naughty lady...
1. Define panel of some reputed hospital/doctors enlisted by your organisation.
2. Limit the No. of occasions to a maximum of two.
3. 6 or 8 weeks prior the DOD and rest post DOD is normally granted. This is the time even a layman can point out a lady to be carrying or not.
4. You can also take that lady in confidence by conselling and making her believe that these kinds of activities are bringing a bad reputation to her name and are sure to spoil a few more. Motivate her to the extent that she changes her attitude. I am more than positive that she is a mis-guided missile and can be brought on track by right kind of counselling. Also, praise her openly in presence of her colleagues but criticise (if at all it is required) when no one is around. You will see the miracle happening... It's ultimately we how we nurture our employees... Nobody is bad by birth.
I expect you to give me feedback, if at all you can...

From India, Delhi
shamalaR
Hi Sonal
If an employee is supposedly pregnant,wouldnt her stomach be a bit big, i mean if she is a slim person claiming to be pregnant, you would know that she is lying, or if she is a bit of healthy(big) person, and claims to have a misscarriage her stomach would have gone in, these are things that you should be looking at, and also when an employee applies for benefits she should show proof from a gyneacologist, as to when is her expected due date.

From South Africa, Johannesburg
kalapu
Hi Sonal,
Thanks for initiating a very good case study. This has certainly made most of the members to think and respond.
I too agree with most of them on getting a second opinion on the reports submitted and if the person is faking, then take necessary and appropriate disciplinary action, so that this sets a precedence and you don't end being conned.
Have a policy in place, so that this does not re occur.
Hope this clarifies.
Regards
K.S.Chakradhar Reddy.

From India, Hyderabad
Sridhar N

Dear Sonal
Maternity benefits include paid leave for a total period of 12 weeks can be adjusted and taken by the employee before or after the delivery as per her medical condition. If a female employee comes up with her health related reasons, we can be sympathetic and considerate and that if it becomes habitual and continuous then the Organisation can take a decision as per its Standing Orders or any other written policy.
Surely, No woman can fake pregnancy and avail maternity benefits. But some oversmart employees interpret law as in the case of one employee in my organisation, as a matter of right claimed Maternity benefits. The employee was not pregnant but she had requested her sister to be a surrogate mother for their child. So even though the employee in our rolls was not pregnant, she claimed Maternity Leave for 12 weeks with pay as their child is going to be delivered through her sister.
We can never acceed to her requests but we had granted her leave on L.O.P.
Sridhar N

From India, Madras
kumaresank

If you feel that female employee is lying by producing "false/fake" M.C, get the said MC & by an office refer the concerned employee for medical check-up with the company authorized doctor. In this connection, you should suitably amend the employment agreement to the effect that mentionng that "any medical case, company appointed medical doctor's certification shall be final". I think this would solve the issue to the extent.
From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Joan Crabbe
I suggest that you include in your policy that you will have to produce evidence of pregnancy such as a scan or a lab report as proof before you can claim leave for illness in pregnancy. In this case it is not materniy leave because that can only be taken in the advanced stages of pregnancy.
From Ghana
sonal shree

Hi all.
Thanks for your valuable inputs. Some of you pointed out that how can one fake pregnancy as physical condition would definitely reveal it plus maternity leave cannot be availed right in the beginning. True. Let me clarify that I am not talking about all the employees but some. Also, I'd like to point out that some of these employees are working from home.
Regards
Sonal

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.