No Tags Found!

sonal shree

Hi all
I need solution to a very sensitive issue. There has been an increasing trend in my organization that the female employees are increasingly misusing the maternity benefits for availing more and more leaves. I will cite one example(there are several others)- a young employee had already availed too may leaves and when we told her that she could not be granted more, she came up with a medical report a few days later that she was pregnant(she was not!) and then upon the leave being granted, came up with another report one month later that there was a miscarriage.
Despite the fact that some of us know that she had been naughty, we cannot do anything as no employee can be denied maternity leave. We cannot prove anything.
Additionally, there are some other employees who are availaing of this leave more than 2-3 times.
Do suggest what to do to avoid maternity leave applications in excess as well as to stop its misuse.
Regards
Sonal:!::?::confused:

From India, Mumbai
PrathamParekh
hi , i am HR student , may be my suggestion help you
according me make inkind contract with doctor (meternity home) and send your employees (claiming for meternity leave ) for tests to these doctors also , get valid report from these doctors

From India, Vadodara
nisha.jayaraman

Dear Sonal,
Maternity leave sud be provided for twelve weeks and one month for illness occurring from it and an employee can take the twelve week leave before or after the pregnancy or six weeks before and after pregnancy. In that case one can easily identify that if a women is pregnant or not in the seventh month itself , if you feel that she is cheating you and taking leave ask her to get the medical report from a reputed hospital, as they wont provide fake certificate and also please ask them to submit the tablets receipt that she has taken while pregnant.
Another way is frame the maternity leave policy limiting it to maximum of two not more than that in that case they can avail the benefit only up to two babies and not more than that.

From India, Madras
sarita_thakur12345

you can only cross check but dear is it possible sumbody tells u false for her pregnancyi dun think so
From India, Panipat
umeshtharkude1

i think you need to modify your policy. Maternity Leaves need to be taken at the time of Delivery only (i.e. 8th month onwards) unless the case is not very complected. with this term they can't show fake reports.
Umesh

From India, Pune
PrathamParekh
but nisha , employee is showing fake reports , the only thing u can do is send that employee to "preffered" (by u) doctor and do cross check
From India, Vadodara
nisha.jayaraman

ya pratham that can also be done but it can be made easy by limiting the maternity policy so that this type of fraudulent activity can be avoided.
From India, Madras
samia qamar

Include a few clauses to the maternity leave policy of your company
1) An employee will be eligible to avail a maternity leave if she has completed a period of 1 year with the company at the time of delivery.
2) An employee will be allowed to avail the maternity leave twice during her tenure with the company.
3) A maternity leave once taken, will not be given the next time until a period of 2 years.
4) An employee will be entitled to 4 weeks maternity leave either in the beginning of 9th month or after delivery.
5) Management has got the discretion to refuse to any such leaves.
6) Proper medical certificate along with pregnancy confirmation test from a recognized diagnostic lab should be attached to the leave application form for approval.
I do not think so that after the formulation of such policy, any employee will mis use and violate the policy.
All the Best

From Pakistan, Islamabad
thorat vijay
Its simple...Considering this case pl. send your company doctor Or HR person to the Doctor , whose certificte is attached for medical leave.They can advise the concern Doctor reagrding issueing the false certificate & its consiquences.In this case if proved , the doctors practices will be in question by Govt. authorities......
From India, Mumbai
arpu82

Hi,If she had a miscarriage, then it must be in hospital. You can do one thing. Just ask the employees to submit the copy of the details like: Hospital Charges, Prescriptions, Reports etc.And get it checked & verified.RegardsArpu
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.