No Tags Found!

saxenaankur

Ask for the resignation letter copy within 5 days on the receipt of offer.
Dont mention the ctc in offer letter
and if the position is critical negotiate for the notice pay and instead of waiting for one or two month ask him to join immediately.

From India, Ahmadabad
abhi16march

hey all , if candidate is not joining after getting offer letter ....why we should not do one thing ...draft a mail to candidate ( Mr. ABC as you are not joining to us after one month of receiving your offer letter and there is no msg from your side,now we will inform to your current employer that you were looking for the candidature in our company ..and we willl send them all proof of communication ,which we have done during interview to till date..waiting for your reply ….so on….
Its my thinking only .....

From India, Pune
subhash Chandra

Hi
It is realy nice to see good participation and suggestion on the topic. I would like to add one only point....after giveing offer, you should ask him/her to submit accpted copy of his/her resignation
regards
subhash

From India, New Delhi
Bhoomi

Hi Swati,
Your issue, makes me remind of many such situations which happened to me. I remember myself in such situations. Here are few suggestions which was told to me by my seniors:
1. Never issue any appointment letter before the date of joining. You can give it either the day of joining or the next day.
2. Give an offer letter which does not mention the salary or designation; it should only have the date of joining for further discussions.
3. Ask the candidate to give a copy of acceptance of resignation letter prior to joining. Atleast a week or two before joining to check the status of his/her resignation.
3. To be more alert it is always advisable to have a buffer candidate in hand. Do not rely on single person. Always keep few profiles and alternatives ready if in case the selected candidate does not turn up.
Hope this helps :)
Regards,
Bhoomi

From India, Hyderabad
swatiiagnihotri

Thanks a lot to all of you. now a days hiring is gion on in our company this time try to implement the suggestion from u all. let you know whihc worked.
From India, Jaipur
jithoos73

Hi Swati,
It is indeed to go with the choosig RIGHT candidate and understanding why they are leaving their current organisation, and why they wants to join with you. Of course, people can fabricate many reasons, but a good recruted shall be able to find the correctness by doing proper reference check, etc
Never try with collecting original certificate in advance

From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
mithunbis2001
dear swati,
I totaly agree with malikjs comments, not only asking for submission of original documents is illegal but also speaks of unethical practises by the company.
People who are not able to get any job will surely abide by such a decision and in that process you will only miss the best talents for ur firm.
Instead give a firm date of joining,andif by date he/she doesn't join you should be giving the call to the next in line.
Also u may adopt the practice of not mentioning the salary in the offer letter itself so that it may not be used as a tool of negotiation.

From Korea
akssivakumar5
Hello Swati,
I agreed with Mr.malik suggestion. You should not show the Salary details and moreover you should mention in the Offer of Employement about the submission of copy of the resignation letter to the new employer with in the time frame.
Regards
AKSSIVAKUMAR

From India, Mumbai
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Swati

So many have contributed with v. good suggestions esp. Malik ji and Sajid Ansari ji.

I would like to add a few important points :

(i) "ABSCONDING" is not the right term to use, (see the meaning in dictionary and you shall know), and it reflects badly on your company's Culture. Hence I am not surprised that potential candidates dont join your company.

(ii) Please review your Selection Process and the Panel.

(iii) It is possible (highly probable) that your company is CHASING TOO GOOD CANDIDATES WITHOUT OFFERING MUCH in terms of emoluments or a Great Working Environment. May be the company's brand equity as an employer is not substantial. (Else, why would a person not join?)

(iv) Remember the oft-quoted cliche - "You can bring a horse to water, but you cant make him drink." Your top management needs to ponder over it.

(v) You should always MAINTAIN A PANEL OF CANDIDATES IN ORDER OF THEIR PERFORMANCE, and keep in touch with at least two.

(It is easy to call them up and thank them for their participation and ask if they are still interested in your company. That way you have ready-replacements. But you will have to SHED YOUR EGO to achieve this; as generally HR are not bothered about candidates down-the-line)

(vi) One should NEVER mention any financial data on OFFER LETTER / APPOINTMENT ADVICE / OFFER OF APPOINTMENT / LETTER OF INTENT (Al the above are several nomenclature of DOCUMENT which is issued AFTER the Selection Process and BEFORE the joining of Candidates.

You can have a para stating that "...the detailed terms and conditions including emoluments and other perquisites will be issued alongwith the APPOINTMNT LETTER upon joining within the stipulated period.".

(vii) Also add, "This offer shall automatically expire after the stipulated Date of Joining mentioned herein."

(viii) In case you reimburse Travelling Expenses etc. then there is considerable financial loss to the company. Hence, in one para you must also mention, " In case yo are not able to join within the stipulated date; the expenses reimbursed shall be recovered from you alongwith any other expenses which the Company might have incurred during the course of the Selection Process. Suitable help, as deemed fit, shall be taken from your existing employer in this connection."

Hope, the situation will improve.

Regards.

From India, Delhi
Mohan Ramnath
Hi Swati,
Make the offer letter very simple. In the same letter, add a list of documents that the candidate will have to submit.
Above all, DO NOT MENTION any salary or CTC figures in the offer letter. State in the offer letter that the appointment letter with figures of CTC will be given later & ONLY after the candidate reports regularly for duty and after submission of photocopies of original documents. But state clearly that the CTC figures will be AS AGREED UPON DURING THE FINAL SELECTION INTERVIEW.
This will stop candidates from taking advantage of the CTC figures in the offer letter, showing elsewhere and and taking undue advantage of the same.
I have tried this with all candidates and though they do protest, I do not budge.
But from our company's side, we always honour the figures that was agreed upon.
Regards / Mohan

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.